Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-16-2007, 09:42 AM   #46
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Sorry Alex! The door was opened, I had to stick in my left foot (the right one was already in my mouth)
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 AM   #47
_Sin
_Sin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
One of the reasons I bought the reader was for my girlfriend to read books which she can't get in large-print format (or which are too big and bulky to carry around). We have over-lapping taste in books so I thought we'd end up sharing it.

Two days after buying it she's consistently started refering to it as "my ebook thing" and I haven't seen it since...

I'm sure it'll be mine again (briefly!) when she finds out that only I know how to convert new books to work on it!
_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #48
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Clearly, y'all need a second Reader.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #49
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fer what?

Bathroom copy?
Old 08-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #50
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
One for him, now that his gal has made off with the other one -- he can always carry it into the bathroom, though.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #51
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
My wife thinks it's a nice gadget (she's generally fairly tolerant of my gizmophilia), and sees that one might be useful to her professionally in a couple more generations (she's a university prof.), but right now, she's happiest when I can find someone other than her to tell about how wonderful it is.

She does like the fact that my voracious appetite for shelf space has been somewhat curbed.
I cleaned off 2 full shelves of books that went to the library for them to use or sell (for money to get more books) and she has already filled most of the space with sewing and quilting books. Stuff that the Reader is not suited to display well.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #52
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I've done the same - managed to clear several hundred books and donated them to a shelter for the homeless, where the warden wants to start a library.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:15 AM   #53
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
My husband is happy that I love my Reader. I bought it for myself for my (belated) birthday. He told me that if I dropped it or it got stolen he'd buy me a new one the same day.

Anyway...birthday coming up again in September...what to ask for now?
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:51 AM   #54
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimo1re View Post
My husband is happy that I love my Reader. I bought it for myself for my (belated) birthday. He told me that if I dropped it or it got stolen he'd buy me a new one the same day.

An Iliad with the same 'insurance'.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:00 AM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimo1re View Post

More ebooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote