Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Words for My Mother's Funeral

This is not truly a case of an author promoting himself. This once, he is promoting the idea that the patient individuals who conceived and shaped us -- forming and reforming us like glassblowers refining the same molten swan for a decade -- deserve to be known and appreciated for those acts.

No story, no novel, no essay ever written has involved a tenth of the care our maternal authors chose to devote to us.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Last November, my mother passed away. At her service, the turnout was minimal. Afterward, friends and relatives who attended asked for copies of the piece I'd written and read in her honor.

I found it difficult to accept that a woman who had devoted her life to kindness had been insufficiently remembered, even by those who benefited most from knowing her. It occurred to me that more readers might come to know her if I published my piece, her eulogy.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§

That same piece, which I composed by my mother's casket, has been published here:

http://www.sensitiveskinmagazine.com...0%99s-funeral/

The Kindle version of the magazine is available here:

http://www.amazon.com/Sensitive-Skin...tag=aboocom-20

Additionally, anyone who wishes to own a facsimile of the original eulogy formatted especially for the Kindle may send me a private message with their email address. I'll happily send it to them for free as an attached file.

Sancta mater existere,
atque ex terra emergere.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 04-04-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote