Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Im buzzing

Sold my PRS600 today and raced out to my local Sony Shop and bought a brand spanking new black PRS650, a cover with light and charger and am now sitting with it charging just waiting until I can load up some books.

Just cant keep the grin off my face I loved my 600 but can see a big difference between the 2 and am certain I am going to feel the same way about this one
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
The fact that you've bought another Sony speaks volumes. If you like your 650 as much as I do mine, then undoubtedly you'll be well pleased. Have fun.

PS - I too bought a charger, but my 650 arrived with its battery already charged. I find that in day-to-day use the battery is kept topped up via the USB cable, whenever newspaper articles that I have downloaded via Calibre are transferred, so I haven't needed to use the charger. However, I am sure it will be useful when travelling. I really like the cover too and am impressed by the light's ergonomic design.

Last edited by boxcorner; 11-15-2010 at 02:31 AM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
adityadubey
Addict
adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimick View Post
Just cant keep the grin off my face
adityadubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Great to read such an enthusiastic post, Kiemick. Good luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I hadn't had my 505 very long before the 650 came out -- yeah, it was expensive to get both in such short order (basically back-to-back), but I can't fully regret it as the 650 really does function much better.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
icewyche
Dark Queen of Bibliomanes
icewyche has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I hadn't had my 505 very long before the 650 came out -- yeah, it was expensive to get both in such short order (basically back-to-back), but I can't fully regret it as the 650 really does function much better.
Yeah, I'd only had my 600 for about three months when the 650 was released, and I told myself I wasn't going to buy a new device so soon after buying the first one. But then the reviews on the 650 came in, and I decided the expanded memory and better contrast made it worth the switch. I have no regrets.
icewyche is offline   Reply With Quote