Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #226
Matt Horne
Matt Horne began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjopicker View Post
Comic2lrf.exe now lets you zoom in on comics, but it seems like it is still converting them to the same resolution as before. Whenever I zoom, the zooms are pixelated and fuzzy. I know the resolution is there in the original cbz file, but the conversion seems to keep the resolution at the portrait mode setting even though it now lets you zoom. Here is the command I am using in XP:

"C:\Program Files\calibre\comic2lrf.exe" "Comic_about_an_aardvark.cbz" -r -w -d -l -a "Comic"
Not sure I follow how are you zooming on the reader ? If I user the button for text size it does zoom in but only on the left top corner and I can see no way to scroll round the page. Landscape is pretty readable if I have used -w option but not as nice a read as the normal portrait style.
Matt Horne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:08 AM   #227
zx0550
zx0550 began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-505
This is a great tool,I am using it to generate inuyasha for my 505.
zx0550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #228
etherspin
Connoisseur
etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
how aggressive is the border removal ? Ive tried calibre on some .cbz files that had a border of about 10-15 percent page width, all in white space and when mobipocket was the output they seemed to remain with the white space..
other than that- great results
etherspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #229
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's a 25% fuzzy trim
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #230
etherspin
Connoisseur
etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

up to 25% trimmed off and including colours similar to the border ?
Old 03-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #231
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://www.imagemagick.org/MagickWan...TrimImage.html
Old 03-15-2009, 05:23 AM   #232
etherspin
Connoisseur

thanks !! I'll get to work!
Old 05-03-2009, 04:21 AM   #233
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast
Evi1d33d began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-505
Don't get why you can't convert plain .zip and .rar files. Renaming them is a pain.
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #234
stranjer
n00b
stranjer began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
many thanks for this little program,I don't know much about it yet as I just tried it yesterday but it does the job.

not sure if there are any options for renaming the files or to make the letters a bit bigger, but it looks really good.(I've converted Absolute Watchmen and the book between the chapters have a really small printing,you can still read it though)

thanks again, you guys are great!!
stranjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #235
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast
Evi1d33d began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-505
Anyone know how to specify the number of shades? I tried '-c 16' but it just gave me an error when converting.

Code:
comiclrf -c 16 -n -r -s "D:\mangas\Eden\Eden_v14.cbz"
Converting "Eden_v14.cbz"...

Extracting...

Processing 1 of 234 'Eden14_Credits.jpg'
Processing 2 of 234 'Eden_v14_001.jpg'
Processing page split
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.pyc", line 488, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.pyc", line 448, in run
  File "comiclrf.py", line 75, in imgconvert
ArgumentError: argument 2: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: wrong type

File "comiclrf.py", line 365, in <module>
  File "comiclrf.py", line 303, in runcomic
  File "comiclrf.py", line 221, in processcomic
  File "comiclrf.py", line 92, in process_image
  File "comiclrf.py", line 75, in imgconvert
ctypes.ArgumentError: argument 2: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: wrong type
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #236
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Works nicely for manga. Remember just put the images into a rar file, rename extension to cbr and let it go to town. If using zip file, use cbz, though I'm not sure if the extension changes the way the tool extracts it.
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #237
urahara454
urahara454 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
File "comiclrf.py", line 365, in <module>
File "comiclrf.py", line 303, in runcomic
File "comiclrf.py", line 260, in processcomic
File "pylrs\pylrs.pyc", line 1982, in __init__
File "pylrs\pylrs.pyc", line 90, in _checkExists
pylrs.pylrs.LrsError: file 'c:\users\chris\appdata\local\temp\tmpmcsxib\conv4 1.g
if' not found

Im gettings this error, its baffled me as this is the first error ive ever encountered with this software, this is for a manga called fairy tail, volume 10 of the manga, the other 9 have gone smooth, as have over 100 other volumes of manga ive converted for my reader, but I have no idea how to fix this. Any help would be greately appreciated
urahara454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:46 AM   #238
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

open a ticket and attach the file that causes this error
Old 07-05-2009, 07:16 AM   #239
urahara454
urahara454 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
the file is 34.7 MB, Im not sure I can upload it as the graph shows that .rar files are limited to 20 MB, any idea how I can upload bigger files?
urahara454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:19 AM   #240
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You'll have to find some web space where you can upload it and post a link to it