Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #31
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
OK, I've been here just a few days, I've only read a couple of threads, but I gotta say, you are the worst troll I've ever encountered on any forum anywhere.

Thread crap much?

We get it. You don't like Amazon, you don't like the Kindle, you like Sony.

Now why don't you just go back to the Sony forum and stop thread crapping?

With all due respect, we try to keep it a little more civil here.

If you do not care for the way a member posts, click the 'ignore' button, or let a mod know. ''

Lots of differing opinions on this site, and JSWolf has a right to his.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
OK, I've been here just a few days, I've only read a couple of threads, but I gotta say, you are the worst troll I've ever encountered on any forum anywhere.

Thread crap much?

We get it. You don't like Amazon, you don't like the Kindle, you like Sony.

Now why don't you just go back to the Sony forum and stop thread crapping?
If you look around the forum, you will see it said many places that eink does not have backlighting because the eink is not opaque and the light would not shine through. So it's not partially correct that eink cannot have backlighting. It's fully correct. This is not just about the Kindle. No eink based device can have backlighting be it the Kindle, Sony, Gen3, BeBook, etc. So how it is wrong to give correct information?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #33
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
With all due respect, we try to keep it a little more civil here.

If you do not care for the way a member posts, click the 'ignore' button, or let a mod know. ''

Lots of differing opinions on this site, and JSWolf has a right to his.
I understand.

But thread crapping is considered rude no matter where you go, and I called him on it.

I don't object to his having an opinion, or even his voicing his opinion.

But he entered a thread that was obviously targeted toward Kindle aficionados and proceeded to spew anti Amazon and anti Kindle vitriol while adding nothing substantiative to the thread whatsoever.

That is pretty much the definition of thread crapping.
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #34
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you look around the forum, you will see it said many places that eink does not have backlighting because the eink is not opaque and the light would not shine through. So it's not partially correct that eink cannot have backlighting. It's fully correct. This is not just about the Kindle. No eink based device can have backlighting be it the Kindle, Sony, Gen3, BeBook, etc. So how it is wrong to give correct information?
Your first post in this thread:

Quote:
Truth: Amazon is evil.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #35
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I understand.

But thread crapping is considered rude no matter where you go, and I called him on it.

I don't object to his having an opinion, or even his voicing his opinion.

But he entered a thread that was obviously targeted toward Kindle aficionados and proceeded to spew anti Amazon and anti Kindle vitriol while adding nothing substantiative to the thread whatsoever.

That is pretty much the definition of thread crapping.
Before 'calling' someone on what you perceive as 'thread crapping', I would suggest you sit back and watch the parade for a while.

This isn't the amazon Kindle discussions forum, its a world wide forum, with all e-book devices represented.

We allow everyone to voice their objections and opinions without being censored, as long as they keep it civil.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #36
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It is certainly true that no e-ink device can be back-lit. That is an incontrovertible fact.

However, some of the earlier posts were expressions of opinion, not facts. Might I suggest that a more temperate and measured expression is more likely to lead others to consider a point of view? As in the saying, "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

What an interesting thread, desertgrandma.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:27 PM   #37
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
It is certainly true that no e-ink device can be back-lit. That is an incontrovertible fact.

However, some of the earlier posts were expressions of opinion, not facts. Might I suggest that a more temperate and measured expression is more likely to lead others to consider a point of view? As in the saying, "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

I DIDN'T DO IT!!! (runs and hides)
Old 02-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #38
nelamvr6
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Before 'calling' someone on what you perceive as 'thread crapping', I would suggest you sit back and watch the parade for a while.

This isn't the amazon Kindle discussions forum, its a world wide forum, with all e-book devices represented.

We allow everyone to voice their objections and opinions without being censored, as long as they keep it civil.
Well, with all due respect I have frequented numerous forums for many years, too many to mention.

I feel that his behavior in fact wasn't civil. I believe that if I entered the Sony E-reader forum and behaved similarly I would stand a good chance of receiving a similar admonishment.

Thread crapping is thread crapping, no matter what forum you frequent.

I have said my piece, I am content to move on.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #39
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:

I am not desertgrandma but I do chat with her on MobileRead!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #40
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Well, with all due respect I have frequented numerous forums for many years, too many to mention.

I feel that his behavior in fact wasn't civil. I believe that if I entered the Sony E-reader forum and behaved similarly I would stand a good chance of receiving a similar admonishment.

This isn't 'numerous forums". It isn't a Sony Forum, or a Kindle forum. Its MobileRead, an every e-book reader forum.

And we stay civil.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #41
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post

DAFFY!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #42
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Sorry, daffy4u. I'm clearly having an off day. It's nice to see you back again.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #43
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Sorry, daffy4u. I'm clearly having an off day. It's nice to see you back again.
No problem. Thank you Ms. P.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Your first post in this thread:
If you read on further on in the thread you will see the link I posted which links back to another message that gives where I got that information from. It came from a highly respected author at an industry conference.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #45
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:

I appreciate you coming to my defense, as it was my post about backlightling to which JSWolf was responding. However, I didn't take any offense to JSWolf's comments (plus I'm pretty good at defending myself) I sincerely hope you'll stick around and enjoy the forums, and if you look at the statistics under people's names you'll see that JSWolf has been here a long time, posts a lot, and is well respected.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iphone, ipod, kindle, kindle myths