Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 03-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Lang, Andrew: Adventures Among Books, v1, 24 March 2008.

From the web:

“Scottish historian, translator, journalist, lecturer, biographer, anthropologist, poet, and author. An avid folklorist, Lang's Fairy Book series contain dozens of fairy tales, myths, fables, legends, and nursery rhymes.”

Please note that this title was first made available by Bookbinder.

My version is only slightly different: I used an HTML file from Gutenberg, and gave the text a little more “breathing” space on the margins, but not as much as on the previous noir titles I’ve been making available here for the past two weeks. This is the main difference between our two versions.

Like Bookbinder, I used the “verse” option to change any verse text (based upon the HTML file as a guide). Finally, I used “annotation” to signify the few breaks in the text from any normal text.

I’m experimenting with NOT using bold on normal text.

I hope you enjoy this. It took most of the day to put together. Please also see Bookbinder’s version as a comparison to my version.

I hope you enjoy this.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Lang, Andrew - Adventures Among Books.lrf (317.1 KB, 724 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bolded text as the main reading text just doesn't look good nor give a good reading experience.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I agree with you on this. Unfortunately, many of my earlier books are in bold; that is, the regular "Paragraph" text was denoted as "Bold." On those earlier books, I basically wanted a thicker line of text with which to read, but I've since taken a different stance on this.

Oppinions differ, as you realize, and some contributors here use the "Bold" designation as one of choice.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #4
bookbinder
Connoisseur
bookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, FW:5.6.1
For this reason I support uploading books in html0 format.
bookbinder is offline   Reply With Quote