Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
Caseyknox
Caseyknox began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
moving Calibre library to a new laptop. How???

Hi i am hoping that some one can offer some advice i have completed my library and all the metadata but my laptop is failing and i now have a new one.

my question: is is easy to transfer my library over to the new laptop???

i know that i need to download Calibre software to the new laptop but then what.

Cheers
Caseyknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
It's actually pretty easy, take a look here: calibre manual: FAQ - How do I move my Library?
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 AM   #3
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Also, look for the configuration folder (Prefs > Misc). Or C: Program Files > Calibre (in my case they're not the same). I guess plugins need to be reinstalled, but settings can be copied.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote