Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
jb100
jb100 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505, Ipod Touch
Sony Reader in Canada - any inside info??

Hi all,

I am in Canada & have placed an order with Dell Canada for a Sony 505. It's been on backorder for quite a while & I notice that the Sony Canada site is the same. Does anybody have any clues as to when these will be available? I prefer buying from a Canadian site in Canadian dollars.

Thank you.
jb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Dell gets them sometimes before sony. When I bought my 700 Dell had stock and shipped it to me the day before Sony had any. <shrug> I'm waiting for a replacement 700 from sony now so there's no stock anywhere of any readers I guess.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
Shiren
Connoisseur
Shiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505/iPod Touch
I ordered mine last year on December 4th when it was out of stock and it shipped December 12th.

They have the PRS-505 listed at 339$ now. A week ago it was still 279$ .
Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiren View Post
I ordered mine last year on December 4th when it was out of stock and it shipped December 12th.

They have the PRS-505 listed at 339$ now. A week ago it was still 279$ .
It's the exchange rate. Sometimes it works in your favor, other times...
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Can you order from Wal Mart website there?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 02:04 AM   #6
Pengo
Pengo began at the beginning.

I recently had a related question; see link

Watch for sales (ncix.com -weekly, dell.ca - frequent, sony?).
Ncix shows stock of the silver and red right now (low quantity at their Richmond and Vancouver warehouses).
Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #7
jb100

Thx everybody for all your input. I love this forum!!

BTW, I just noticed on the Sony.ca website that the 505 silvers "seem" to be back in stock. When you click the item, there is no date expected back in stock like the other one's. Maybe I can hope that my Dell order will be done soon. Plus I have it ordered at the $280 price. Crossing my fingers!!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #8
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Try the store

When I picked mine up, the online sites were all out of the readers, however, the sony stores all had some in stock.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
jb100

Now I'm really confused!! The date for shipment was changed with Dell Canada from March 30 to the 5th. Just now I got an email from them apologizing for the shipment being late, but "if they can't deliver within 5 days" they will contact me again. I HOPE this means that they expect to ship it soon. I want to stick with them since my order was at the $280 price before it went up. What do you guys think???

Last edited by jb100; 03-03-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #10
Shiren
Connoisseur
Shiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505/iPod Touch
Dell shipping estimates are not really accurate. Mine shipped more than a week earlier than they predicted. You never know when you'll get a shipped confirmation... It's a good exercise in patience...
Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #11
jb100

On it's way!!

Woo, woo! Dell Canada has just shipped my Sony 505. I am so excited!!! Hope to get it in a day or two.

Last edited by jb100; 03-04-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #12
jb100

On it's way!!

Woo, woo! Dell Canada has just shipped my Sony 505. I am so excited!!! Hope to get it in a day or two.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Congrats!!!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wow... your so excited you posted twice.

Congrats!!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #15
jb100

Yahoo!!!! My 505 just arrived. I've already unboxed it & it's busy charging right now. I am in love!!!!! Thx to everybody for listening to my frustrating rants.