Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Kobo Glo connection issues

Hi, I've spent the last couple of hours reading and can't see why I'm having issues with the new Glo.

I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit and the Kobo is showing up just fine as device (G) on USB but Calibre just isn't seeing it at all. I've tried telling the plugin to 'Attempt to support new firmware' to no avail. Can anyone give me any pointers as to what I'm doing wrong please?

Not sure if you need the Debug log, or what part, so I've copied the whole lot below.

Thanks

Code:
calibre 0.9.0 
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.3
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid27c8&rev0001',
 u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid27cb&rev0001',
 u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid27ca&rev0001',
 u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid27c9&rev0001',
 u'usb\\root_hub&vid1106&pid3038&rev0062',
 u'usb\\root_hub&vid1106&pid3038&rev0062',
 u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid27cc&rev0001',
 u'usb\\root_hub20&vid1106&pid3104&rev0065',
 u'usb\\vid_0409&pid_0059&rev_0100',
 u'usb\\vid_0409&pid_0059&rev_0100',
 u'usb\\vid_045e&pid_074b&rev_0260',
 u'usb\\vid_045e&pid_074b&rev_0260&mi_00',
 u'usb\\vid_045e&pid_074b&rev_0260&mi_01',
 u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c051&rev_3000',
 u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201',
 u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201&mi_00',
 u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201&mi_01',
 u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201&mi_02',
 u'usb\\vid_058f&pid_6362&rev_0129',
 u'usb\\vid_0bc2&pid_0503&rev_0300',
 u'usb\\vid_2237&pid_4173&rev_0110']
Unable to get free space for drive: K
(21, 'GetDiskFreeSpaceEx', 'The device is not ready.')
Unable to get free space for drive: M
Unable to get free space for drive: L
Unable to get free space for drive: N
Drives detected:
	(0) G:\ ~ \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_KOBO&PROD_EREADER&REV_0110#613A292000813&0#{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}
Available plugins: ADAM ALEX ALURATEK_COLOR ANDROID ARCHOS7O AVANT AZBOOKA BAMBOOK
BLACKBERRY BOEYE_BDX BOEYE_BEX BOOQ BOOX COBY COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK E52
E71X EB511 EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE EEEREADER ELONEX ESLICK EX124G
FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3 HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK
IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK
JETBOOK_COLOR JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE KINDLE2 KINDLE_DX KINDLE_FIRE KOBO
LIBREAIR LUMIREAD MENTOR MIBUK MOOVYBOOK MTP_DEVICE N516 N770 N810
NEWSMY NEXTBOOK NOOK NOOK_COLOR NUUT2 ODYSSEY ORIZON PALMPRE PDNOVEL
PDNOVEL_KOBO PI2 PICO PLAYBOOK POCKETBOOK301 POCKETBOOK360
POCKETBOOK360P POCKETBOOK602 POCKETBOOK622 POCKETBOOK701 PRS505 PRST1
README S60 SHINEBOOK SMART_DEVICE_APP SNE SOVOS SPECTRA STASH
SUNSTECH_EB700 SWEEX TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK TREKSTOR USER_DEFINED
VELOCITYMICRO WEBOS WEXLER

Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
List of WPD PNP ids:
[u'\\\\?\\wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#volume#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_generic&prod_usb_cf_reader&rev_1.01#058f312d81b&1##{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}',
 u'\\\\?\\wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#volume#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_generic&prod_usb_sm_reader&rev_1.02#058f312d81b&2##{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}',
 u'\\\\?\\wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#volume#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_kobo&prod_ereader&rev_0110#613a292000813&0##{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}',
 u'\\\\?\\wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#volume#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_generic&prod_usb_ms_reader&rev_1.03#058f312d81b&3##{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}',
 u'\\\\?\\wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#volume#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_generic&prod_usb_sd_reader&rev_1.00#058f312d81b&0##{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}']
No suitable MTP devices found

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The reason that you can't connect calibre to the Kobo Glo is that there is no calibre driver that recognizes it. Your report of the device id gives enough information to add it to the driver.

I will send you a PM so that you can test something for me.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I look forward to support
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
PM replied to Davidfor
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
paola66
paola66 began at the beginning.

Device: koboglo
koboglo connection to caliber??

Im having issues also and I have a mac...
paola66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
have you updated to the most current version of calibre 0.9.1 ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
michelar
michelar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
I can connect to my new Kobo glo (calibre version 0.9.3) calibre says connected to "kobo touch).

I can send books to my reader and i see the green check that shows me they are on my device.
but when i restart calibre and i connect my ereader it seems that there are no books on my kobo.

Is kobo glo supported ?
michelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #8
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
It definitely is supported and its meant to show as the kobo touch as there's no difference from calibres point of view. No idea why your books wouldn't be visible afterwards though as its working here.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Are you waiting for the Job Wheel to stop spinning (and say 0)?
Calibre transfers the book, then it updates metadata.calibre ON THE DEVICE.

When you connect again, that is the first file retrieved (after device identification). If that file does not exist (or corrupt) Calibre scans your device... <time passes> then INITIAL status is updated,

(Guess from observed behavior) next the changed items status is processed <more time> NB Items that were changed in Calibre after transfer will initially show as Not on device, and will update after the changed scan completes.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelar View Post
I can connect to my new Kobo glo (calibre version 0.9.3) calibre says connected to "kobo touch).
As others have said, as far as calibre is concerned, the Touch and the Glo are the same. The Mini is as well.
Quote:
I can send books to my reader and i see the green check that shows me they are on my device.
but when i restart calibre and i connect my ereader it seems that there are no books on my kobo.

Is kobo glo supported ?
I just realised why this sounded familiar. You raised a bug. I'll copy the response from that here for everyone to see:
Quote:
As to not seeing the books after restarting calibre, did you disconnect the Glo and let it process the books? The driver only displays books the Glo knows about. By this, I mean books that have been processed by the Glo and added to its internal database. The will then be shown in the Glo's library list and calibre will display them when the Glo is connected.
Does this solve it?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:46 AM   #11
michelar

yes, after i post my problem in this forum i found the bug reporting.

I tried several times to disconnect and riconnect the device but I had no luck. I tried also to shutdown the device and then restart. The glo recognize the books, I read one of them last night. I was waiting for doing some other test before replying in the bug thread

Today I found a thread (italian forum) in which a user had the same problem, after deleting all the tag with a plugin ( i asked what plugin did he spoke of or if he simply removed the tag) he solved the problem.

When I'll go home, i will try to do that kind of test

Sorry for replicating the problem, here and in calibre bug but i thought this forum was just followed by user

Last edited by michelar; 10-22-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
yes, after i post my problem in this forum i found the bug reporting.

I tried several times to disconnect and riconnect the device but I had no luck. I tried also to shutdown the device and then restart. The glo recognize the books, I read one of them last night. I was waiting for doing some other test before replying in the bug thread
OK, that is what you are supposed to do.

Are any books displayed on the device list?

Do you used a plugboard when sending the books to the Glo?

Quote:
Today I found a thread (italian forum) in which a user had the same problem, after deleting all the tag with a plugin ( i asked what plugin did he spoke of or if he simply removed the tag) he solved the problem.
I can't think of any way that changing the tags could help. If it does, I'll be interested to know what you did.
Quote:
When I'll go home, i will try to do that kind of test

Sorry for replicating the problem, here and in calibre bug but i thought this forum was just followed by user
That's OK. I started a reply here and then realised I'd seen the same problem earlier.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #13
michelar

Well, after a lot of test this is what i discovered.

Now i have two pc with calibre on
On the first one i have 0.9.3
On the second one i have 0.9.1

1)With 0.9.3 i put a book on the device, everythink is ok (library and
device info shows the green check)

I close calibre and reopen it
The book are not visible in the device tab nor in library tab (no green check)

unplugging the usb or restart the device does not change anything. i tried also a pc restart

After that I connect my device to 0.9.1 and.... I see my book on the
device (not in the library because the library is not update)

I close calibre, unplug the device

Now when i connect my device to 0.9.3 I can see the book on my device but not in the library (no green check on LIBRARY)

I saved all the files metadata.calibre and driveinfo.calibre and i see that after sending the book the metadata.calibre is full with a lot of strange character

I attach the file after insert a book. Do you think my library is corrupted ?

Tomorrow i will try to uninstall calibre and reinstall it.

Michela
Attached Files
File Type: txt metadata.calibre.txt (6.9 KB, 381 views)
Old 10-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #14
michelar

I forgot to answer your question : i don't use plugboard
Old 10-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Well, after a lot of test this is what i discovered.

Now i have two pc with calibre on
On the first one i have 0.9.3
On the second one i have 0.9.1

1)With 0.9.3 i put a book on the device, everythink is ok (library and
device info shows the green check)

I close calibre and reopen it
The book are not visible in the device tab nor in library tab (no green check)
That is what is expected. The driver is only checking what is the device has in its internal database and not looking at the file system. Only after disconnecting the device and having it process the new book will calibre also see it.
Quote:
unplugging the usb or restart the device does not change anything. i tried also a pc restart
When you disconnected the device, did it process the new book and show it in the home screen or the library list?
Quote:
After that I connect my device to 0.9.1 and.... I see my book on the
device (not in the library because the library is not update)

I close calibre, unplug the device

Now when i connect my device to 0.9.3 I can see the book on my device but not in the library (no green check on LIBRARY)
OK, that is broken. And I have a couple of reports of similar looking problems but under different circumstances.
Quote:
I saved all the files metadata.calibre and driveinfo.calibre and i see that after sending the book the metadata.calibre is full with a lot of strange character
The metadata.calibre that you attached looks fine. Looking at it, the first few books are kepubs, so they shouldn't match with anything in your calibre library.

The last book is the problem. The title is "Il posto di ognuno - 7". Is that exactly what is displayed in the calibre library? And what does the device show on its library list?

Could you also try sending a book from calibre whose title and title sort are identical? That means it can't start with an article such as "Il" or "The" or "A" for English. I'm curious about whether that will work properly.
Quote:
I attach the file after insert a book. Do you think my library is corrupted ?
No, I don't think so. It looks like a bug in the driver.
Quote:
Tomorrow i will try to uninstall calibre and reinstall it.
Don't bother. I'm pretty sure it is a bug in the driver and I will look at it.

Last edited by davidfor; 10-22-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: fixed some tags