Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
krovak
krovak began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ 7
external keyboard

Hello, after long time I came upon this site and I am very suprised with new models that are available or will be in short time. But is there any device which supports external keyboard and has text editor? At least something similar to notepad?
And the windows based devices - is it possible to upload custom windows mobile software there?
Thanks
krovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The iRex iLiad supports a USB keyboard and has an editor.

I don't think any other mainstream EInk device has a USB port that supports a keyboard. Any upcoming device with Bluetooth could in principle provide keyboard support, and I think I read that the PocketBook 302 also supports USB keyboards (but this could be my misreading of a Google translation). See E-book Reader Matrix.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
PocketBook 302 (based on upcoming Netronix model) will have USB host and will probably support USB keyboards.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
Mathlete
Enthusiast
Mathlete began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
How well does text editing on epaper work?

Seems like it would be too slow to keep up with an average user's typing speed.
Mathlete is offline   Reply With Quote