Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
Insurance for Sony Reader?

Hi to all,
I bought a Sony 505 new at E-Bay for a good price (my christmasgift).

Does anyone know how i get my device insured so - in case of a defect - i can get it fixed without robbing me?

And for what rate?
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all

Harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Harry--Congrats on your new reader!

If you bought it new, it should come with the standard one year warranty from Sony. That'll cover defects in workmanship, etc.

If you're looking to purchase accidental replacement insurance, I'm not sure--maybe someone else would have some good suggestions for you.

Meanwhile--enjoy your reader!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
thanks dordale,

i am thinking for the biggest thing what could happen - broken screen!

and that is not included in the warranty. I know that because my daughter broke her motorola screen yesterday and thanks god - i bought an insurance for it. the new phone will arrive tomorrow andi paid only $40 for the new one.

thats the kind of insurance i am looking for.

thanks again and Merry Christmas to you

Harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry001 View Post
thanks dordale,

i am thinking for the biggest thing what could happen - broken screen!

and that is not included in the warranty. I know that because my daughter broke her motorola screen yesterday and thanks god - i bought an insurance for it. the new phone will arrive tomorrow andi paid only $40 for the new one.

thats the kind of insurance i am looking for.

thanks again and Merry Christmas to you

Harry
I would contact Sony directly. I'm sure they offer something.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
shopintheusa
Enthusiast
shopintheusa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
From my experiences Sony will send you a replacement unit within 90 days of purchase. After 90 days they will hit you up with costly labor charges.

The unit in the picture was run over by a Fedex truck. Honestly.....the screen help up fairly well in comparison to the metal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC080007.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	479.3 KB
ID:	19707  
shopintheusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopintheusa View Post
From my experiences Sony will send you a replacement unit within 90 days of purchase. After 90 days they will hit you up with costly labor charges.

The unit in the picture was run over by a Fedex truck. Honestly.....the screen help up fairly well in comparison to the metal.
Yikes, that sounds like an interesting story..
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
how on earth did that happen ???
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #8
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:

That is the saddest thing I've seen happen to a Reader! Did you actually witness the accident? I think I would either burst into tears or stand there in shock if that happened to my Reader.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote