Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 08:53 AM   #46
tovarish
Enthusiast
tovarish began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro2
ok got that and now a development environment is up and running. iViewer compiles now and I am ready to work on it.
tovarish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #47
tovarish
Enthusiast

Ok so my plan is this.
  1. Program in the code to split a double page into two halves and show them.
  2. Have two new icons in the toolbar.
    1. First to toggle between current behaviour and splitting double pages into two pages.
    2. Second to toggle between normal (left to right) and manga (right to left) modes.
Lets see when I can get this done. Any help pointers to do this will be welcome. I was thinking that the way i will implement (1) is resample the image to fit 1536x1024 and show only one half instead of the whole.

tovarish

tovarish
Advert
Old 11-13-2009, 06:01 AM   #48
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad, DR1000s
For step 1, now iViewer resamples de lanscapes image and rotate them 90º, in that point you can implend you behavor. just resample the image. This code is in iViewerModel, getPage(int page).

I hope that this weekend I could try to put a button and call a callback function.

I tried to box all the toolbar behaivor in two classes IliadToolbar and ToolbarEvenHandler. The goal was that you could create a toolbar just creating a new IliadToolbar, adding buttons (addIcon function) and adding callbacks for every button, but that was never implemented (exists a onReceiveToolbarMsg function but all the code is commented).
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:08 AM   #49
tovarish
Enthusiast

Hi, Max

I found
GrPixbuf *aux = pbImage->rotateSimple(); in GrPixbuf *iViewerModel::getPage(int page)
The problem is that getPage(int page) should return one page but i would like it to return 2 pages (split). I am trying to figure out how to implement this.
What I am thinking is maybe instead of returning a GrPixBuf* it should return GrPixBuf** (or vector<GrPixBuf>) so that incase there are two images returned for 1 page then something different can be done.

I think it is a good idea if you can work on having a toolbar for future use.

tovarish
Old 11-14-2009, 03:16 PM   #50
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
So thats the reason I couldn't found a way to hide the scroll bars.
You can hide scrollbar of GtkScrolledWindow by calling gtk_scrolled_window_set_policy() with GtkPolicyType set to GTK_POLICY_NEVER.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #51
jelco
jelco began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Hi there. I've been lurking around these forums for a good while now but decided to post about this little thing. (Yes it's a little bump but it might turn out to be useful to someone.)

As has already been pointed out, the sorting in zip files isn't implemented. I put up with this for a good while because most of the archives I use had the files added in the right order which makes sorting unnecessary. However, recently I've been running into more and more unsorted archives and it started to get on my nerves. I decided to make a change in the code and recompile it.

The only change I've made is added the line
Code:
imagenes->sort();
at the end of the constructor in ImageZIP.cpp (line 103). Compiling this works perfectly and I no longer have to be frustrated because the archives I use were compressed the wrong way. You don't need to uninstall the entire application and install the new version, you can simply overwrite the file iViewer in the Programs folder on whichever medium you installed it on (in my case the internal memory). Because this little change requires quite some effort I've decided to put up the new file on my website. Fetch it here.

Thanks for this great application, and I hope this change can be of some use.

Jelco
jelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:09 AM   #52
webgandalf
Enthusiast
webgandalf began at the beginning.

Device: a lot
Hi , thanks for the great software for comic lovers .

I write a software for the conversion of the image from every kind of png jpg etc etc to BW , 1024*768 dimension , dpi crop and cbz creation . I tested with your software and the files generated works great . If someone is intrested you can find it http://www.mmsoft.info , freeware of course .
webgandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:39 AM   #53
tovarish
Enthusiast

I have a new version of iViewer which uses ImageMagick to auto crop images.
The disadvantages are
1. It needs a lot of memory so I have to enable swap (128M) before I start iViewer and disable it afterwards.
2. Page turning is a bit slower.

The advantage is that comics scanned with white spaces around them are cropped out giving better readability.

If anyone wants to try this experimental copy I could upload it here.

tovarish

Last edited by tovarish; 02-16-2010 at 04:41 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #54
Emu
Enthusiast
Emu is on a distinguished road

Device: Had: iRex iLiad 8", iriver stroy HD 6", Dell Vostro A90 9"
Arrow need help...

I got an ILiad yesterday - for comics & mangas (...okay for books, too)
So first thing to do - get the iViewer. Sounds so great! (The JE-Comics programm for creating pdfs out of cbr is just to slow..)

But somehow it's not working. It loads the .cbr, resulting in endless blinking green LED and a white page numbered ("1", no more pages to flip to).
...ideas?

I tried several cbrs - the results is allways the same. I will try CBZ later, the iliad is out of full at the moment.

fw2.12, installed iviewer on the CF.

THX!
Emu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #55
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi Emu, what image format contains de cbr?. I loaded jpg and png without problems.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #56
Emu
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi Emu, what image format contains de cbr?. I loaded jpg and png without problems.
fast reply, wow.
all jpg - no cbr works (no matter if 4mb or 40, folders inside or not and so on).
but:
I renamed them to cbz, until now every cbz works like a dream. thx so much for that great prog! fast, fullscreen, easy. just BÄMM!

i know you want to know why cbr doesn't work (although my problem is solved). I'll try to find clues.

cya

Last edited by Emu; 06-06-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #57
Max
Connoisseur

You renamend to cbz

cbz are simple zip files and cbr are rar files. iViewer use a zip decompresor for cbz and a rar decompresor for cbr. Could be that your file was a zip renamed to cbr?
Old 06-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #58
Emu
Enthusiast

Quote:
You renamend to cbz

cbz are simple zip files and cbr are rar files. iViewer use a zip decompresor for cbz and a rar decompresor for cbr. Could be that your file was a zip renamed to cbr?
I
hm.. didn't know that. Maybe the ones I tried have been zips I renamed wrong. On PC no problem, CDisplay reads them even if they are named wrong. I'll check out, thx
Old 06-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #59
Max
Connoisseur

Anyway, I'm glad you finally could read your comics.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #60
Emu
Enthusiast

Quote:
Anyway, I'm glad you finally could read your comics.
I can, it was my fault - now cbr and cbz are working!
btw: is there a way to make the reader open zips/rars?