Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
rammbam
Enthusiast
rammbam began at the beginning.

Device: none
Serious problems with PRS 650

Since I got my second Prs 650,i had serious problems with it.First ,whenever i connect it to the computer with usb cable ,this error appears

The reader battery charges ,but this message stays all the time and cannot be removed.So,does anyone know what this means and how to solve this problem?

Second,today i converted few files from HTML to Epub with calibre,and added them to the reader and then the reader was simply not working.It reset itself 100 times and i couldnt use it at all.THen i connected it again to the PC,made format and all my files were lost.Thank God the reader works again ,but i lost everything in it.

So i want to know what was the cause for my reader behaving that way?
Is there any way to get my files back?And if not,how can i prevent similar cases in the future?

THanks in advance!
rammbam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Have you tried connecting to a different computer? Then you'd know if the problem was the reader or you Windows installation.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
ShaneR
Enthusiast
ShaneR began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650; PW2
It would be pretty sure that it's your system and not the reader.

This message has cropped in the past many times for others and has nothing to do with ereaders.

Try searching google with "Windows- no disk exception processing message". I would expect you'd find some clues.

Without looking more into it, I'd say your system had become fairly unstable based on this and the other "goings on".
ShaneR is offline   Reply With Quote