Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Indie Authors on Twitter

Over on the Kindle boards, somebody started a thread for people to exchange their twitter ids. It seemed like an interesting idea to me, so I'm going to ask here.

Give us a link to your twitter account, and maybe an idea of the kind of things you Tweet, and the kind of Tweeters you follow.

Here's mine: http://twitter.com/camillelaguire
I tend to tweet when I post progress updates from my blog, and sometimes book related news or information. (Rarely tweet more than twice a day.)

And to jump start this: I will tweet Free Smashwords coupons for both of my books as soon as I get to 100 followers! Such a deal!

Camille
Old 05-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Nice idea, Camille!

Me: http://twitter.com/ShayneParkinson

I tweet about random topics Sometimes writing-related, sometimes not. The weather, movies, I've seen, the state of the compost heap...
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
dlmartin6
Debra L Martin
dlmartin6 doesn't litterdlmartin6 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
I saw the thread over at the Kindleboards as well. Here's mine:

I don't tweet often - seems kind of a waste of time with only a few followers. With so many other forums and social media tasks to keep up with, this is one that I let side. I suppose if I got more followers, it may be interesting.

Deb
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/debralmartin
Old 05-25-2010, 08:04 AM   #4
lmpreston
YA Author
lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I tweet often. The best fun I have is to do writer's tweet chats #amwriting #wip #yalitchat (wed. 8pm) #kidlit #scribechat

here is mine

http://twitter.com/LM_Preston
Old 05-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #5
dlmartin6
Debra L Martin

I'm fairly new to twitter. Do you put the #amwriting tag at the end of your tweets if you want to get a wider distribution?

Thanks,

Deb
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmartin6 View Post
I'm fairly new to twitter. Do you put the #amwriting tag at the end of your tweets if you want to get a wider distribution?
Thanks,
Deb
Tags like #amwriting can appear anywhere in the tweet. Some people embed the tags into their message to save letters. (i.e. they might post "I #amwriting my novel today.") I usually put it at the end.

People who want to read and follow the posts with that hashtag can click on the tag in any message that has it, or do a search on it.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:47 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
You'll find me at Twitter on http://twitter.com/neilmarr . Limit myself to a max one tweet a day -- always book or ebook related. I'm following more (all authors or publishing houses) than follow me. Cheers. Neil

Last edited by neilmarr; 05-27-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:49 AM   #8
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can follow me at http://twitter.com/Spalding_Author if you like. I tend to tweet when inspiration strikes...
Old 05-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #9
dlmartin6
Debra L Martin

I've started to tweet more too here: http://twitter.com/dlmartin6 Now that I'm doing the author interviews over at my blog, I want to announce it every time a new one goes up. Today's author: David McAfee.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #10
Annetteg
Annetteg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Annetteg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Annetteg has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'm a very intermittent tweeter, or is that twitter? It's mostly random stuff about books/movies I've seen read and news of my own books etc.

I'm at http://twitter.com/havyn

(Havyn is character from one of my books, so not as random a name as it seems, LOL!)

take care,
Annette
Old 05-31-2010, 05:12 PM   #11
sbaum4853
YA Fantasy Author
sbaum4853 is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle
I tweet about once a day on whatever I think my followers might find interesting.

http://twitter.com/sbaum4853
Old 05-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #12
DaringNovelist
Addict

BTW, I've reached my 100 followers, and I'm now giving away a lot of books. I screwed up when I posted the coupons - I should have put some hashtags in there. (I may repost them, simply because people miss individual tweets a lot.)
Old 05-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #13
jseay
Devotional Writer
jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!jseay rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Motorola Droid
I think this is a great idea. I tweet links to articles about the ebook revolution. I also tweet Bible verses that I come across that speak to my spirit. Below is a link to my Twitter profile.

http://Twitter.com/jayeseay
Old 06-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #14
lmpreston
YA Author
lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lmpreston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm a twitter addict and twitter daily as well as attend twitter chats 3 times a week.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #15
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Just started up again with Twitter. Haven't really established a "theme" yet. Probably announcements about current book and projects and observations about Life and Whatnot.

plumboz on Twitter
Closed Thread

Tags
twitter