Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #31
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Those colors are way cool. I love the aqua one. And the form factor looks just like my favorite PB360.

If it takes AAA is it still going to have the annoying bulge in the back like the JBL? That was one of the biggest reasons I didn't like that reader. The bulge made it way to uncomfortable to hold for extended periods.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #32
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I was trying to tease a little more "guessable" info from the photo as you were typing that about the PocketBook 360-- the buttons on the "Jetbook Mini" looked kind of large, so I found a PocketBook 360 image and scaled it to roughly match the "Jetbook Mini." Turns out that the buttons are close to the same size-- those on the "Jetbook Mini" look proportionately larger, but that could be just an artifact of the imperfect scaling.

ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #33
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Those colors are way cool. I love the aqua one. And the form factor looks just like my favorite PB360.

If it takes AAA is it still going to have the annoying bulge in the back like the JBL? That was one of the biggest reasons I didn't like that reader. The bulge made it way to uncomfortable to hold for extended periods.

-Marcy
I for one really like the JBL's humpback, for me it makes it a lot more
comfortable to hold. In fact your post makes me wonder if AAA batteries
would provide enough of a hump to be useful.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #34
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post

Luck;
Ken
100% agree. I have jetBook and jetBook-Lite and I like jetBook-Lite more because it is more handy to hold. This humpback is a plus for me.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #35
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post

Luck;
Ken
Different strokes and all that. That hump made my hand hurt and cramp when I was reading. I can hold my PB360 for hours in one hand without a problem.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #36
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
I was gonna suggest someone contacted the company but i guess someone beat me too it.
"No comment" sounds allot like "WTF" to me lol. BTW ardeegee that's a crazy copy paste job! It looks to be really smiler.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #37
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Tigerdirect sell pocketbook 360 for $199.9... so I think if price will be less than $100 I will buy it (I didn't decide about color yet ).
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #38
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Well-- they already have the Jetbook Lite with a 5" display that uses AA batteries. So a new model called the "Mini" using AAA batteries sure sounds to me like something smaller. And it looks like they are trying to make it "cute" with a wide range of colors. So, yeah, my guess (having no more solid evidence than that coupon, like everyone else) is that the "Mini" is something smaller (and cheaper) than the 5" Jetbook Lite.
Perhaps this is going to be the Jetbook Lite replacement. The hardware is starting to get fairly old in comparison with other readers on the market, SD slot, 200mhz processor, internal memory etc. I know most Jetbook users aren't concerned about that, but on paper for a new person to the market does one buy a 200mhz Jetbook Lite or a 400mhz Pocketbook 360 or Astak Pocket Pro?? Yes e-ink and LCD are different, but I feel new consumers would look more at the speed and price. Combine that with e-ink devices have been steadily getting hardware updates, but LCD-based have remained stagnant for some time now.

So in my opinion I don't think it will be smaller than 5" (to me that is the ideal size) but instead will be a new replacement for the existing line. Either way, if Ectaco would price their readers comparatively in Australia to the US prices I'd have another look at buying one.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #39
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by X read X View Post
Ok, so I’m probably not supposed to post this but I work in Target, (tar-shhay as we like to call it in the business) and I saw a stack of coupons in the back for energizer and what looked to be an eReader on it. It showed a few pictures of an eReader I have never seen before and it said “jetBook Mini” on it. I took one of the coupons and took a few pics of it. Is this an obvious new eReader or something from Ectaco I would think. Behold jetBook Mini, right!?!?

Pics courtesy of my new iPhone!!

That would have to be about $79 to be interesting to me. In the current time of $109 refurb kindle two I think this is going to be a tough sale unless it is dirt cheap
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:41 PM   #40
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Quote:
But there are already Exacto Jetbook (and other ebook readers) that are 5 inches. What I would like a "Mini" to be is one smaller-- 3.5" maybe. Back when I was reading on a Handspring Visor PDA, I could and did slip it in my pants pocket anywhere I went. My Sony PRS-300, though-- is just barely on the edge of shirt-pocketable, and I'd never trust that glass screen wedged into a pants pocket. So I want a secondary reader-- with an Eink display-- that has overall length and width more like that of my old PDA that would be a casual, default carry-along. I want a Mini that is-- well-- mini.
Isn't under 5 inches really a cell phone? A lot of people are already slipping and iPhone, android, blackberry or windows mobile phone in their pocket. I have an android phone which I load the kindle app on and stanza. I do not readily see why in would by a device with the same size screen ti fill up my other pocket
Old 07-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #41
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
I do not readily see why in would by a device with the same size screen ti fill up my other pocket
Yeah, but I said "with an Eink display." I don't want a device that lasts only hours per charge-- I want days at least. My old Handspring Visor worked for a week or two on a pair of AAAs. For my PRS 300, I don't know how long the charge lasts because in close to a year of using it it has never needed a full recharge, recharging itself as I hook it up to shuffle books. But a modern do-everything cell phone? A charge time in hours, I believe. (I don't know, because I've never owned one-- my ideal cell phone has physical buttons, makes voice telephone calls, and does nothing else.)
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #42
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!

Quote:
Yeah, but I said "with an Eink display." I don't want a device that lasts only hours per charge-- I want days at least. My old Handspring Visor worked for a week or two on a pair of AAAs. For my PRS 300, I don't know how long the charge lasts because in close to a year of using it it has never needed a full recharge, recharging itself as I hook it up to shuffle books. But a modern do-everything cell phone? A charge time in hours, I believe. (I don't know, because I've never owned one-- my ideal cell phone has physical buttons, makes voice telephone calls, and does nothing else.)
Fair enough - I would have to see it I guess to get a feel for it. For impromptu light reading my nexus one android phone seems to fit the bill for me
Old 07-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #43
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
Isn't under 5 inches really a cell phone? A lot of people are already slipping and iPhone, android, blackberry or windows mobile phone in their pocket. I have an android phone which I load the kindle app on and stanza. I do not readily see why in would by a device with the same size screen ti fill up my other pocket
Stanza on Android? I can't find it, where can it be found?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #44
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
A jetbook ebook reader with a PDA form factor and 3.5'' to 4'' screen would be great.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #45
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Stanza on Android? I can't find it, where can it be found?
Stanza is iPhone only, so you probably want Aldiko.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ectaco, ereader, jetbook, jetbook lite, jetbook mini