Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #901
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
There are adult and junior sizes. Juniors are odd numbers.

Five years ago, I wore a size fourteen. I have been in a size ten for about three years. Size six is a good deal smaller.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #902
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Another 1.4 at Weight Watchers on Saturday! This made me happy because I only lost .6 the week before and another .6 the week before that. It was a hard week and I really didn't feel like exercising, tracking, and preparing food but I did so anyway.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #903
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Another 1.4 at Weight Watchers on Saturday! This made me happy because I only lost .6 the week before and another .6 the week before that. It was a hard week and I really didn't feel like exercising, tracking, and preparing food but I did so anyway.
I think diligence is the most difficult part of keeping fit. Doing the right thing when you REALLY don't feel like doing the right thing...

During the past three days, since I've cut back my eating, I have discovered roughly 2,463 new restaurants that look like they serve absolutely incredible foods... Nepalese, Turkish, Brazilian, BurgerKing,

God give me strength.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #904
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I think diligence is the most difficult part of keeping fit. Doing the right thing when you REALLY don't feel like doing the right thing...

During the past three days, since I've cut back my eating, I have discovered roughly 2,463 new restaurants that look like they serve absolutely incredible foods... Nepalese, Turkish, Brazilian, BurgerKing,

God give me strength.

Stitchawl
You took the words out of my mouth
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #905
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
You took the words out of my mouth
Me, too. Commitments to strive for long term goals are hard to keep up day after day. This year, I've trying to focus even stronger on one daily goal: Did I eat and exercise healthy today? If yes, I've met my goal. Period. If not, is there something I can do to fix that right now? Yesterday and tomorrow are irrelevant.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #906
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No... it's not trombones. It's 76 kilo.
One more and I'm there!!!

YIPPEE!!!!!!

Stitchawl
Old 05-10-2013, 03:06 AM   #907
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Congratulations! I am still hovering between 73 and 74. It's probably the one Coca-Cola a day that's the problem.... or just eating too much!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #908
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:07 AM   #909
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My weight went from 73.2 yesterday to 72.1 today. I had a haircut yesterday.

Of course, three hours of energetic dancing last night might have had something to do with it... I suspect I'm just a little dehydrated, and I'll be back up to around 73 tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #910
Stitchawl
Opsimath

74.5kg Another goal reach. And that's as low as I need to go. Actually a bit lighter than when I was tournament fighting, but I'm not carrying the same muscle mass these days either.

Stitchawl
Old 05-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #911
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
I lost 2lbs last week. Just 13 more to go.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #912
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
74.5kg Another goal reach. And that's as low as I need to go. Actually a bit lighter than when I was tournament fighting, but I'm not carrying the same muscle mass these days either.
Congratulations!

I'm currently at 72.5kg, so I'm moving in the right direction again, at last.

Although I fear that some of the drop might be down to a recent hair cut.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #913
Stitchawl
Opsimath

It was worth all the work involved in moving just to see the expressions of the faces of all the people who haven't seen me in years, and hear their comments. A Thai friend I visited today who runs a leather crafting business had a photo on his wall of me and him together, taken the week before I left Thailand. I actually looked pregnant...

Today I wore a sleeveless T-shirt, and nothing stuck out except my ribs.

Stitchawl
Old 06-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #914
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Congratulations, Stitchawl!

I am still hovering between 72 and 73kg.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #915
Stitchawl
Opsimath

For those of us who are watching our weight, here is the perfect solution to the 'Cookie Problem.'

"Cookie Problem" = Making a batch of chocolate chip cookies and devouring ALL of them even before they cool, or, making so many that you have more to eat later.

Perfect Single Serving Size Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 13 mins

Serves: 1

Makes just two very large chocolate chip cookies
Ingredients

2 tablespoons of butter
2 firmly packed tablespoons of dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
Pinch of kosher salt
¼ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1 egg yolk – discard or set aside egg white for a different use
¼ teaspoon of baking soda
¼ cup of all-purpose flour
3 heaping tablespoons of semisweet chocolate chips

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a microwave safe bowl, heat butter just until it starts to melt and is softened. Blend softened butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla together by hand.
Add egg yolk and stir again.
Add baking soda and flour and stir until combined.
Then stir in chocolate chips.
Form cookie dough into two balls and place on baking sheet.
The cookies will spread during baking, so make sure they are several inches apart.
Bake for about 8 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
Remove baking sheet from oven and give the baking sheet a firm, but careful bang on the counter top. This will deflate the cookie and give it a perfect wrinkly appearance.

Stitchawl