Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Valuing Books at the Sony Store

I have a Wish List of 44 books at the Sony Store all about equally of interest to me. They range in price from $ 7.59 (The World's Religions) to $ 67.43 (The Branch Davidians of Waco).

To value them for purchases I've entered all titles in an Excel spreadsheet showing: Name, Price, Size (Mb) and Price/Mb.

Then I sort them by Price/Mb. Now they range in Price/Mb from $ 0.96 (The Singularity is Near) to $ 77.26 (Capitalism and the Jews).

I willl buy the cheapest Price/Mb first and then read them in order adding new books as I hear about them and resorting.

My theory is that I am paying for the most reading time per buck. Thus, Price/Mb is a fair value to decide on purchases of books of equal interest to me.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
That's an interesting way to decide reading order. I tend to just read whatever catches my attention at the moment.
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
An ebook will be more 'Mb' if it has lots of pictures. Does this factor into your equation?
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
I usually start 4 or 5 books at once. Whichever one captures my attention, I read that one first. When I'm done with that one, I do the same thing over again.
The system gets jacked when I hit on a series that I really like. Then I have to read them in order.
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
Bltprf502
Enthusiast
Bltprf502 doesn't litterBltprf502 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300S (GONE), Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kindle 3
Man, I wish I had that much time and discipline. If I didn't fly a lot, I would get to read much. Seems like a lot of PRS-900 owner on this post.
Bltprf502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert