Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 01-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #1
plaxamate
plaxamate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plaxamate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plaxamate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plaxamate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plaxamate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plaxamate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plaxamate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plaxamate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plaxamate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plaxamate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plaxamate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
Stanley, Henry M.: How I Found Livingstone (Illustrated). v1. 22 Jan 2016

Summary:
Riveting firsthand account of the long and arduous search by journalist/adventurer for one of the great explorers of the 19th century. A real-life adventure story that tells of incredible hardships — disease, hostile natives, tribal warfare, impenetrable jungles, and other obstacles. Also includes a wealth of information on African peoples.

Excerpt:
So I did that which I thought was most dignified. I pushed back the crowds, and, passing from the rear, walked down a living avenue of people, until I came in front of the semicircle of Arabs, in the front of which stood the white man with the grey beard. As I advanced slowly towards him I noticed he was pale, looked wearied, had a grey beard, wore a bluish cap with a faded gold band round it, had on a red-sleeved waistcoat, and a pair of grey tweed trousers. I would have run to him, only I was a coward in the presence of such a mob — would have embraced him, only, he being an Englishman, I did not know how he would receive me;9 so I did what cowardice and false pride suggested was the best thing — walked deliberately to him, took off my hat, and said:
“Dr. Livingstone, I presume?”
“Yes,” said he, with a kind smile, lifting his cap slightly.

Please read the Note on the Text. This is my first upload, so please let me know what you think!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub How I Found Livingstone.epub (19.64 MB, 402 views)
plaxamate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:18 PM   #2
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Thanks, I have put it close to the top of my "To Read" pile .
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert