Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Free Pencil Art Book - Faces

Hey Guys, I've put together a FREE ebook of many of my Pencil/Graphite Drawings called Faces with brief descriptions and stories behind each of the portraits. I'm in the process of publishing on Amazon but cannot publish for FREE there, so have set the price at 99 cents. (this is why I was asking the leading questions earlier). Also since I'm going to make it freely downloadable from my website I can't enroll it in the free lending library or for KDP Promotions.

The idea behind it is to both share my artwork and do some promotion for it. I'm making the book free to share under the Creative Commons Licensing as long as it is unmodified.

From the Introduction:
Quote:
I love faces! Young faces, old faces, faces of pain, faces of ecstasy. I am always looking for interesting faces to draw. Drawing them brings me closer to understanding what they might be feeling, experiencing or knowing. I’m particularly enthralled by old faces whose wrinkles are the roadmap of their lives and in which you can see every twist and turn they have experienced. By studying them it is as if you can learn some small portion of their wisdom that may apply to your own life. The faces in this small book have seen much of what there is to see and experience in this world and they are here to tell you their stories, not so much in the words, but in their images which by viewing you can explore much like roadmaps of their souls. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
Both mobi and epub versions are available for download on my website such as from my Poems Page:

From my writing page:
http://www.kacweb.com/poems/index.html

or from my art page:
http://www.kacweb.com/art/index.html

Hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends.

(and please let me know what you think and certainly if you find any typos, errors, etc.)

Enjoy!

Last edited by kennyc; 07-17-2013 at 08:26 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Yep, enjoyed it very much! Thank you for sharing it with us!

My all time favourite is still "Charm", had to laugh about the "Self Portrait".

And I loved and could relate to this line: "it was the one that centered me again, brought me back to who I am and what I should be doing"
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey Thank you Billi! I was just wondering if I should "pop this thread" back to the top.

Glad you liked it and that line is absolutely true.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
kennyc

Just checked Amazon and find that I've actually sold two of these at $.99 even though it's free from my website....I appreciate it.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
kennyc

Still and will remain free to download from my website (mobi or epub)

http://www.kacweb.com/art/index.html
Old 07-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
kennyc

Just a bump to say this book of my pencil portraits is still/always free for download from my website (mobi and epub):

http://www.kacweb.com/poems/index.html

Or if you truly want to buy it it's available for 99 cents on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Faces-Pencil-P...4064305&sr=1-8

Last edited by kennyc; 07-17-2013 at 08:32 AM.