Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Anyone tried "God's War" by Kameron Hurley?

I just stumbled across it shopping while bored. I haven't done more than peruse the first 20-pages or so and it looks like it might be interesting. Sort of a nice bit of dystopia, a bit of cyberpunk and who knows what else.

Here is the link on Webscription:
http://www.webscription.net/p-1358-gods-war.aspx

I think I was drawn to it because I just got done listening to the first of the Marid Audran series from Audible, When Gravity Fails, by Geo. Alec Effinger. God's War might have a similar feel to it, I hope anyway?!?!???
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I recently bought it from Webscriptions, but I haven't read it yet. Unfortunately for me, you can currently get it for free:

To get the free book, send an email to io9GodsWarGiveAway@nightshadebooks.com. You will get a DRM-free EPUB back in your email (usually in one or two days; they are processing requests manually).

Another recent Nightshade book can also be had for free:
Nightshade Books is celebrating St. Patrick's Day by giving everyone a free copy of Of Blood and Honey ($7.99 Kindle), by Stina Leicht (they couldn't figure out how to send us all a pint via email). To get the free book, send an email to BloodAndHoneyGiveAway@nightshadebooks.com. You will get a DRM-free EPUB back in your email.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
I haven't read it but it is also now free at Kobo in epub, without having to send an email and wait:

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Gods-...22A/page1.html
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

nice guys. Thanks for adding to the thread. I haven't had the time to read it yet but I had already grabbed it from Baen/Webscription. Still it's cool there are some free options which I find especially nice for authors I have not only never read but never even heard of before.

As an aside, are you seeing more non-horror titles from Nightshade these days? When I first ran across them it seemed it was all more of a horror genre catalog. And that is, save a few exceptions, a genre I just can't for which I can't muster any interest. Now though there are what I call dystopian or what-if type novels which also involve some mystery. When a story in that style is good I find they are really good and the sort of novel I just don't want to stop reading just for that nuance called sleep!!
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote