Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
Roya
Roya began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Font Sizes

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if you can add more than one font size to the epub file to later view on your eread (kobo in my case)?

I'm not all that good with html coding so your help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

PS. I love Sigil! =)
Roya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Font sizes are generally something left to the reader (the software and the user). The book proper should not include any specific font size, other than relative sizes (things like "chapter titles at twice the normal font size").
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
Roya

Thanks for responding Jellby!

I wish it was like that, because my ereader supports different sizes, but whenever I input a book i've edited with sigil, I can no longer change the font size with my kobo when reading =( that's why I asked and was hoping maybe someone knew how to.

But if there's nothing I can do than that's ok. Thanks for your help though! =)
Old 06-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roya View Post
I wish it was like that, because my ereader supports different sizes, but whenever I input a book i've edited with sigil, I can no longer change the font size with my kobo when reading
That sounds very, very weird. I can't think of anything that would cause that. Could you provide one such epub book that was processed by Sigil and whose font size now can't be changed on your kobo reader?
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
Roya

Hi Valloric!

Sure I can email you the epub file I've tried editing. Being the idiot that I am I dont know how to find your email? Or how else could I send you the file? lol sorry!

And thanks! Great program btw! Love it =)
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
You can attach it to a post in this thread or better yet, create a new issue on the tracker and attach it there.

More information here.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
capsolo
capsolo began at the beginning.

That is an issue with the kobo reader.. the folks at kobo claim that a firmware update will be available soon to fix the issue
capsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #8
Roya

Thanks Capsolo! I thought it was just me. phew!

You can delete the issue i posted valloric! =)