Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
platypus
platypus began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
sup from NJ, just ordered a sony prs-505

hey everyone, i ordered a sony prs-505. at the very last second i was wavering between a kindle 1 or the 505, but at the end i went with the sony due to the price.

im very new to the ebook scene, and ill be browsing the forums a bit more in the next few months, so i hope to learn a lot. i pretty much pirate all my books, and i dont read any current authors besides grisham and koontz. i think the reader will definitely rekindle the passion i once had for reading, before watching movies ruined my life.

im also a huge mixed martial arts fan and hope that people dont get fat from reading all day without exercising !
platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
yaaay another one joins the fold! Congrats on your new purchase. Best buy out there

Now, to the question everyone is wondering... what color did you get?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Congrats on getting the 505!! Also, be sure and find out if your library has an ebook collection. You can download any ebook in pdf format and be able to read it. You get to keep it for 21 days, just like a regular book. This was actually what swayed my decision from the Kindle.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:48 AM   #4
platypus
platypus began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
I got the boring / standard tan cover and silver reader. cost me 233 from ebay, from some person in Hawaii, but it shipped fast. In one day i have managed to show everyone at work and tell everyone about it already.

I pretty much download all my software and only buy hardware. I did it for my nds lite and i would do it for the sony reader as well, which is what swayed me from getting a kindle 1 last second besides the price.

This is by far the best money i feel i've ever spent so far, besides 110 i spent on the nds lite for the kanji dictionary and chinese tutor.

Right now my library includes : The china study nutrition guide, Lead hazard and evaluation abatement code for NJ, jane austen books, handbook of water and wastewater management, the godfather, the english patient, prs 505 user guide, barbarian and civilization, sole survivor (dean koontz), modern china (britannica).

the bookmark options and page seeking options are absolutely brilliant.
platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:41 AM   #5
Vanquiz
Vanquiz began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hi,

I just got the 505 about a week ago, if you think the silver is boring, try the skin from decalgirl, I just received my skin yesterday, perfect fit (except for the barcode window on the back), it's really good quality, heard so many positive things from other people too about the skin.
Vanquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 01:42 AM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus View Post
I got the boring / standard tan cover and silver reader. cost me 233 from ebay, from some person in Hawaii, but it shipped fast. In one day i have managed to show everyone at work and tell everyone about it already.
Whew, I had to look to make sure I still had my boring silver/standard tan cover combo in my purse. I thought I saw it just this morning when I put it in there... I got a little panicky I'd sold it on ebay and forgotten

LOL
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote