Notices

Old 04-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
readsmart
Everybody Reads
readsmart began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone iPod Touch Kindle, rev1 PRS-505
Smile Hello From Arizona

Hello All:

I've been lurking under a different account name for about a year now -- the forums have been a very helpful research asset for the project I've been working on for the last 9 months. For transparency's sake, I decided to create a "work" account and introduce myself.

My name is John Maher. I am currently in charge of product development for Language Technologies, Inc. (LTI) http://www.readsmart.com

Specifically, I've been developing an application for the iPhone, which was announced this week over at Publishers Weekly. The article is here: http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6649174.html

We'll be launching with approximately 2 dozen books early May, and we're planning on releasing a dozen books every 2 weeks until we run out of money. Hopefully that will take a while.

While the applications will be available on the iTunes App Store, we don't think that their interface is particularly friendly for browsing books, so we'll have our own front-end at http://books.readsmart.com/

Again, I've found the community here to be both well-informed and highly opinonated, and I'm looking forward to getting to discuss what we're doing and get everyone's feedback as our story continues.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, unless you've made other plans.
readsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome back, then! You've been busy!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi John and welcome (again) to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:11 AM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi John and welcome!

I don't have an iPhone (my phone is very old, it doesn't even take photos), but it sounds like you are developing an interesting application. Good luck with it!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote