Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #241
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
The Nook ST isn't listed on their website at all except a refurbished unit.
Yeah, I know. Just hoping they put it online. If not, no big deal.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #242
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
How do you do that?
From the overdrive app, I click on "get books" on my iPod/iPad/Nexus7, check out the kindle books, click on download now/ get now, or whatever the button next to it says, then a new amazon.com tab opens in my browser, and from there I select which device to send the book to. I usually send my books to my PW, but also sometimes to my iPod (to be read through the kindle app) in case if I have to stand in line anywhere. Very seldomly, I have to connect my device to my laptop to transfer kindle books, when required by the publishers.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #243
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use my Sansa Clip Zip for WMA Audiobooks. They do not expire on the device so I can listen at my leisure and delete when I finally finish them.
I put the WMAs on the touch or nano, but still dislike them. To me, anything that forces me to use a computer is a major pain in the behind. And the fact that I can't return my wma audiobooks after listening to them, like I can with mp3 audiobooks, is a huge inconvenience.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #244
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
From the overdrive app, I click on "get books" on my iPod/iPad/Nexus7, check out the kindle books, click on download now/ get now, or whatever the button next to it says, then a new amazon.com tab opens in my browser, and from there I select which device to send the book to. I usually send my books to my PW, but also sometimes to my iPod (to be read through the kindle app) in case if I have to stand in line anywhere. Very seldomly, I have to connect my device to my laptop to transfer kindle books, when required by the publishers.
How do you get your OverDrive app to show Kindle books? My app only shows EPUB and MP3.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #245
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sears online BF is now live.

Some of the stores are doing different times for different in-store deals and it looks like some of the online deals will follow the same format. So check the websites to see when the various deals go live.
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #246
Janet16
Enthusiast
Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Cool, I also found a cool list of "Best Amazon Black Friday Tech Deals 2012 – HDTVs, Laptops and Cameras" in enolsoft blog.
Hmm, just want to get an Camera this holiday season.
Janet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #247
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I'm going to get a Clip Zip for sure--maybe two, depending on color availability--and two 32gb cards, all at BB.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #248
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
How do you get your OverDrive app to show Kindle books? My app only shows EPUB and MP3.
Do you mean when you are browsing for books you don't see the kindle books? Maybe your library disabled kindle view?
I use the Fairfax, Brooklyn and Ocean State libraries. I can borrow them, by going to the site or using the Get Books function of the app, but I read them in the Kindle app - they won't show in my Overdrive library, only on the library websites under checked items.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #249
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Do you mean when you are browsing for books you don't see the kindle books? Maybe your library disabled kindle view?
I use the Fairfax, Brooklyn and Ocean State libraries. I can borrow them, by going to the site or using the Get Books function of the app, but I read them in the Kindle app - they won't show in my Overdrive library, only on the library websites under checked items.
Btw, are you in the military? I see Germany/USA as location.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #250
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The one that is built in works great! No sleep timer though. I also use Amazon MP3 app. Slacker Radio and Tune In Pro.

Yes Gingerbread is older but I prefer it to the newer Android. My Kindle Fire is 2.3 as well.
Ok Blossom, get ready to be bombarded with questions from me also - I just purchased the Samsung Galaxy Player (and this cover). This will be my first Android device - so excited

So, one down, three to go, though I'm now thinking of getting two 32GB microSD cards, instead of one. I can use one for the Clip Zip (for primarily audiobooks and podcasts) and one for the SGP5 (for primarily music).
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #251
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
One problem with the online Sears store is that they allow you to complete orders for items which are out of stock and can't be refreshed until after your order is canceled. That was true last year, at least, when I tried to buy three items -- twice over the course of two weeks just to be certain, and all three continued to be listed as in stock despite emails back and forth -- during our last Black Friday. I won't be buying from them again unless I'm in a physical store or until people report that their online updating and ordering has improved.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-22-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:18 AM   #252
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Four more stores are now live for BF deals -- Home Depot, Lowes, RadioShack, Sam's Club.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #253
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I don't see Kindle books in the OverDrive app, because it does not support Kindle.

I have no problem seeing Kindle books on my library's website.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #254
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
One problem with the online Sears store is that they allow you to complete orders for items which are out of stock and can't be refreshed until after your order is canceled. That was true last year, at least, when I tried to buy three items -- twice over the course of two weeks just to be certain, and all three continued to be listed as in stock despite emails back and forth -- during our last Black Friday. I won't be buying from them again unless I'm in a physical store or until people report that their online updating and ordering has improved.
That definitely sucks! I haven't shopped at Sears (in-store or online) in umpteen years.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:37 AM   #255
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Ok Blossom, get ready to be bombarded with questions from me also - I just purchased the Samsung Galaxy Player (and this cover). This will be my first Android device - so excited

So, one down, three to go, though I'm now thinking of getting two 32GB microSD cards, instead of one. I can use one for the Clip Zip (for primarily audiobooks and podcasts) and one for the SGP5 (for primarily music).
I'll be happy to answer any question you or anyone may have. I love Android! There is like an app for everything. You might want this to store the Player in. I got it for $5 but it's gone up a bit which is weird you would think with the sales it would go down. It a nice faux leather feel. Very stiff but padded. I have no problem putting this in my purse. It will only fit with the TPU Skin on though. It wont slip out. It's a nice tight fit. The screen is well protected with this that I haven't put a screen protector on yet.

BTW....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote