Old 10-14-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
chrisqmalibu
chrisqmalibu began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle
How I use iPad as e-reader under direct sunlight

1) Use white text on black background mode
2) Use maximum brightness
3) Use polarized sunglasses.
4) Move it around a little for better result.

Below is example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NksXmYdji1A
chrisqmalibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
I actually find that I can read fine in (for example) iBooks using maximum brightness and normal text color. Normally I tilt the iPad so that I see my own reflection in the screen, since my image is darker than the sky. I find that this works pretty well, although I do have pretty good eyesight, so it's not hard to make me happy.
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 12:39 AM   #3
lazyartist
lazyartist began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad is my only Computer :)
I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to read in direct sunlight. Just increasing the brightness of the backlight worked like a charm. Even my roommates MacBook isn't as clear as my ipad *happy dance*

The only problems I ever encountered was when my ipad overheated once when I left it out on my porch while I went inside to for a few minutes, and that was my fault.

Edit: Woa, its says I'm posting at 4:39 am, and my clock says 9:39 pm, where is the server located? lol

Last edited by lazyartist; 10-19-2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Added a ps
lazyartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:31 AM   #4
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyartist View Post
Edit: Woa, its says I'm posting at 4:39 am, and my clock says 9:39 pm, where is the server located? lol
Towards the top-right of the screen it should say 'Welcome, lazyartist'
If you click on your name, then click on Customize Profile there is a big list of options on the left.
Choose Edit Options, then scroll down to find Date/Time Options.
You can then choose which time zone you would like times to appear in.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote