Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Kindle 3 - MCover

I have confirmed with IPearl, who make the MCover range of hard cases, that they will be making one for the new Kindle 3. They aim to have these available in September/October - I guess they need to get their hands on the device, design the case and get the manufacturing all set up in China.

My case for my existing K2i and KDXi are brilliant though so I will definitely buy one of these.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Thats' good to know.

One of the things that struck me about the new Kindle is that it's slightly smaller than the existing model, which means that none of the the existing covers will fit.

With the price of the Kindle dropping, it won't be long before the price of the cover becomes a significant part of the purchase.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Possibly cases that use elastic to hold down the corners will work. I have one K2 case that I can use with my Kobo. The Kobo is 1/2" smaller in width and 3/4" smaller in height than the K2.

My Bobarra case works okay with the Kobo because it uses 1/2" elastic at each corner and my K2 is a snug fit. The Oberon case is too big and the M-Edge case I have uses the hinge. If the hinge points are the same on the K3 as the K2 then current cases should work.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3 & DX Graphite, PocketBook 302 & Pro 603
They look the same, so I guess the distance did not change.
I got 2 mEdge for my Kindle

The new hinges are different in another way: they are gold plated, and can draw power from your kindle - this feature is used for the original covers Amazon offers, with build-in reading light - they're quite expensive though.

Hopefully mEdge is producing covers with build-in lights as well
bear4hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear4hunter View Post
They look the same, so I guess the distance did not change.
I got 2 mEdge for my Kindle

The new hinges are different in another way: they are gold plated, and can draw power from your kindle - this feature is used for the original covers Amazon offers, with build-in reading light - they're quite expensive though.

Hopefully mEdge is producing covers with build-in lights as well
$59 seemed a little expensive, but eliminating the need for reading light batteries is a very attractive feature. Thanks for pointing that out. I will cancel my pre-order for the plain (lightless) cover and consider getting one with a light built in (either Amazon's or something from mEdge).

Even if my new Kindle arrives 'naked' due to my indecision, it should be useable in that mode since apparently the back is rubberized.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert