Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 02:05 AM   #61
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
I bought an M-Edge Trip jacket and eluminator light for my T1, and they arrived yesterday.

The M-Edge product page says it is for the T1, but the packaging only says it is for the latest generation Kindle.

But the T1 does fit, as the case is pretty universal. It looks like quite a loose fit in the straps, but the T1 doesn't move around at all. There's enough friction between the T1's slightly rubberised back and the case's microfibre lining to help stop any movement.

The T1 sits in with about 10mm space at the top, 5mm at the bottom, and about 7mm space on the right. It isn't going to get damaged if you knock the case, which is nice. The USB port and power switch at the bottom are accessible.

The cover's a nice feeling canvas, and the spine's plastic. The spine's quite stiff, but it bends back OK and the closing elastic strap keeps it bent back. It looks smart, and isn't bulky.

I'm a little unimpressed by the light, or at least the way the light fits into the right edge of the jacket. That's crazy! With a touch-sensitive switch it is going to be accidentally turned on a lot. Why not fit the light to the left of the T1, so it stays safe in the spine? So a "hm" on that one for now, I'll see how it works out.

But all in all, I'm happy. I got them very cheaply as it looks like Waterstones (UK) are clearing out their stock, and my T1's screen is now protected
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #62
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
My husband's red Gecko case just arrived in the mail this morning and it's a nice snug fit, so he is very pleased with it.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #63
surfdog
Commonsewer
surfdog began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Verso cover for T1

I was traveling to the big city over Thanksgiving and bought this cover on impulse for my T1:

http://www.amazon.com/Verso-Kindle-T...2443335&sr=1-1

I wouldn't have risked it online but I had my T1 in hand and tried on the fit in the store. Nice!

Although it doesn't state what the materials are, the look and feel is of a good quality leather. The bungee straps work quite well for the T1. The power button sometimes slips under the bungee, but is still easy to press through the bungee.

It's a very nice cover. Also, they have several other designs. I was very tempted by the red, but went for the funkier sage/brown.
surfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:45 AM   #64
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
I got bored waiting for Tuff-luv to show us what their cases are going to actually look like and ordered THIS Kindle 4 case. Its a good fit for the T1, and has the added benefit of being able to stand on its own, or having a palm strap on the back for holding in your hand. A good comfortable case for a tenner. Or, if you go to their Ebay shop you can pick it up for a couple of quid less (like I did )
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #65
capuchino71
Enthusiast
capuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animalscapuchino71 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony prs350 ,and awaiting PRS-t1
Hey, can anyone using Kindle cover post a picture fitted with prs-t1? I just want to see how they are fiting in before to order, thanks in advance.
capuchino71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #66
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
Yeah, I'd be interested to know if Kindle 4 covers generally fit the T1. I'm tempted to get an Oberon if that's true.
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #67
maritimer
Maritimer
maritimer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-300 & T1
My FS has the T1 case with light for $39.99 (Cdn). It might be a price error but that's what the sign read and they honoured it when i got to the cash
maritimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #68
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I have reviewed the Gecko basic cover for the PRS-T1 here

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159103
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #69
surfdog
Commonsewer
surfdog began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Oberon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
Yeah, I'd be interested to know if Kindle 4 covers generally fit the T1. I'm tempted to get an Oberon if that's true.

Yes, we need an Oberon Kindle 4/PRS-T1 tester! I did get a Verso cover, but, I keep think thinking about those gorgeous Oberon leather covers...

Anyone volunteering?
surfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #70
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdog View Post
Yes, we need an Oberon Kindle 4/PRS-T1 tester! I did get a Verso cover, but, I keep think thinking about those gorgeous Oberon leather covers...

Anyone volunteering?
Oberon really needs a light cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #71
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdog View Post

Anyone volunteering?
I agree! I've been tempted, but I'm concerned about the placement of the lower right-hand strap possibly interfering with the T1 power button. The Kindle power button is more towards the center. I'm thinking about maybe getting an Oberon sleeve.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #72
nindustrial
Enthusiast
nindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: PRS-T1
Does anyone know if this would fit the T1?

Sony eReader Cover Touch Edition (PRSASC65R) - Red
nindustrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #73
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
I picked up a Sony PRS 600 non-lighted and lighted case at Office Depot on clearance for $3 and $6 each (90% off regular price). The T1 is just a little narrower than the 600, but about the same height. Obviously, the T1 won't fit in the brackets but I was thinking to use a couple of velcro self stick dots to hold it in.

It fits best in the lighted case, because the T1 fits between just inside the bracket. Plus, I like the light in the older cases, they have an on off switch and 2 light levels.
Didn't like the 'instant on' of the newer case lights, I had them come on when the light was docked.

If nothing else, I"ll have fun modifying the case to fit and add a little personalization.
No great loss if I screw it up.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #74
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
I would suggest going to a hobby store and getting some industrial velcro, just for extra piece of mind. That stuff is strong.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #75
mwerle
Micha
mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Wouldn't it be better to add a page to the wiki for this sort of thing?
Done:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST1_Covers_and_Cases
mwerle is offline   Reply With Quote