Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Getting the shelves back from the device has always been in the back of my mind to do. But, so far it is a low priority as it isn't something I need or anyone has been clamouring for lately.

When it gets done, it will be part of the utilities plugin. There are some issues with updating the calibre library that I'm not sure about doing from the driver. Doing it from the utilities plugin makes that easier. It might get added back to the driver later if everything goes OK. But, don't hold your breath. I have a couple of other things to get done first.

There's no bounty or other scheme for features in the driver or plugin. Other than fixing bugs, I don't deny that I work on the bits that I am interested in. That's why the driver is in it's current state and the utilities plugin exists. Well, the utilities plugin exists because I am lazy. I wanted to do some experiments with the devices database, and this was the simplest way. Then I kept adding features.

But, both are completely open source. Anyone who wants to play with the source can. And they can feed the changes back into either, or release them separately.

Can you achieve what you want now? Not automatically. As you read the books on the device, they get marked as finished. Or you manually marked as finished. The utilities plugin can sync this reading status from the device to the calibre library. This includes the rating on the device. So, you could rate the books you want to get rid of as 1. When you connect, store the reading status and rating. Then you can select and delete them.

Personally, I prefer meera's suggestion. When you send the books to the device, mark them as on the device in the the calibre library. Read and delete any you don't want to keep. On the next connection to calibre, delete from the library those that are marked as on the device, but aren't. And use the utilities plugin to store the reading status of the rest.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #17
FencepostErr1r
Enthusiast
FencepostErr1r began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Well, I think this concludes this thread.

I'll watch the forums for any progress, but for now I'll have to find an alternative for either Calibre, the Kobo or both.

Thanks to everyone,

-FencepostErr1r
FencepostErr1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert