Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
PDFs-Screen size (netbook?)

Hey Guys

So I have my 6" sony reader which is awesome but now I need a laptop/netbook for school.
Im going to be reading pdfs with charts/diagrams etc, medical text basically.

any recommendations on screen size?

Most of the netbooks Ive seen are 10" is that sufficient for pdfs or should I go bigger?

I really just need recommendations on screen size and you guys are pretty expert on that.

Thanks
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Difficult to tell, I think screen's size is a very personal choice and decision.

But let me tell you this. On my particular case and for PDFs, I found 10" is ideal for me. More than that (in my opinion) is too big and not so portable. 7" is a big problematic, specially for large documents; you will have to scroll down and up or moving between pages too much.

For occasional PDF reading though, 7" is acceptable in my opinion. For dedicated, I would go for something bigger.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
Thank you!
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote