Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #16
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
If you're still undecided, Family Christian bookstores has the mini on sale until 4/18/13, $59.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #17
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
Where is this Family Christian Bookstores.

is it familychristian.com ?

yep got it and free shipping over $40 nice
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #18
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Staples in Canada has the same $59 price and includes a snapback cover at no charge.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #19
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Staples in Canada has the same $59 price and includes a snapback cover at no charge.
Powell's here in the U.S. has this offer.

Best Buy has the $59 sale price, but no snapback.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #20
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
I mostly love my mini. I did take mine apart and do a dd onto a 16gb card. I already had more than 4gb worth of books when I bought it.

I got it to replace my Aztek EZ Reader, since it's battery was dying. When I had a Nook with a Perl screen, I had a lot of trouble reading in low light, and I think I spent a small fortune on lights. The mini has a nice Vizplex screen, and I don't have any issues reading it in low light.

The page turns are really (annoyingly) sensitive. I bought one of those styli that's meant for tablets and use that instead of my finger.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I bought a packet of 10 water color brushes for $5 at Walmart and shortened handle making small stylus that works good. This is sometimes better than finger touch. Using finger touch for turning pages for a week and more and you will adapt your touch to work until software upgrade makes you adapt your touch again. Screen is not pressure sensitive just how long you need to touch or how you swipe.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #22
Vivian
Connoisseur
Vivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo 1
I recently won a Mini in a Kobo contest. Am I the only person who's having problems with the touch screen aspect? The page turning works fine, but when a pop-up window is open, it's just awful. Most of the time it doesn't respond. I just plugged it in 5 minutes ago, and I got a pop-up window with a Connect button. I pressed the Connect button 4 or 5 times and nothing happened, so I got fed up and just dabbed my finger all over the screen, which eventually did the trick. Shows how bad it is. I am seriously considering giving it to my mother & going back to my original Kobo with big blue button, even though the contrast is wildly inferior on the old one. The weird thing is that the page-turning is fine, so that suggests a software problem, but then, wouldn't everybody be experiencing that?

"I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!" ~Mugabe
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #23
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
I recently won a Mini in a Kobo contest. Am I the only person who's having problems with the touch screen aspect? The page turning works fine, but when a pop-up window is open, it's just awful. Most of the time it doesn't respond. I just plugged it in 5 minutes ago, and I got a pop-up window with a Connect button. I pressed the Connect button 4 or 5 times and nothing happened, so I got fed up and just dabbed my finger all over the screen, which eventually did the trick. Shows how bad it is. I am seriously considering giving it to my mother & going back to my original Kobo with big blue button, even though the contrast is wildly inferior on the old one. The weird thing is that the page-turning is fine, so that suggests a software problem, but then, wouldn't everybody be experiencing that?

"I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!" ~Mugabe

Hi,
Can you check to see what firmware you are using? I did have problems with my glo a few weeks back that drove me nuts until...I connected my Glo to the computer and updated the firmware. It may be worth a shot. I know it made a real difference for me.

Sincerely,

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #24
Vivian
Connoisseur
Vivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-booksVivian has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo 1
Thanks Penny. I don't know how to check the firmware. Would expect to be notified of updates when I plug the machine in, and that hasn't happened yet, so I must have the latest. But maybe it's just a matter of improving my touch skills. I've been having fewer problems as I use it and get more practice.
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #25
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I don't have the mini, but a friend does.
He got one as part of a mobile phone contract.
If you don't care about a built in light then I know he's very happy with his mini.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #26
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Vivian: Tap the three bars at the top right of the home screen, then Settings, and finally Device Information. This will show you the version of S/W on your device.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote