Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
Morf
Morf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Calibre 0.9.4 with paperwhite - still not getting covers!

I'm using Calibre 0.9.4, I've set the output profile to Kindle Paperwhite, I've tried converting to mobi (old and new) and to azw3, and I'm still not getting covers.

I'm tranferring the books using the Calibre web server and the browser on the Kindle, I don't know if this makes a difference.

Am I missing something obvious? The changelog suggests that all these problems are fixed now.

Last edited by Morf; 10-30-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Morf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Morf: Yep, it does.

You'll have to convert your stuff with the 'Enable sharing' setting enabled if you want to get covers that way (via the content server).

The sideloading of the cover thumbnails is part of the 'Send to Device' process, so you're effectively bypassing it with your workflow . (And it's the only way to get working thumbnails for stuff converted without the 'Enable sharing' setting).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Morf

Thanks NiLuJe, I understand now. That all makes perfect sense!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Morf: See this other thread for a full rundown of the different options available when NOT using 'Send To Device' .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-02-2012 at 06:26 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
Morf

Thanks for that. It does all make sense, it's just that none of it is easy.

At this point in time I can only say:

In the meantime, the purpose of a Kindle is to read books, not to fight with technology, so I'm going off to chant my new mantra....

"I like list view, I don't like cover view. I like list view, I don't like cover view...."