Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
etzarfat
etzarfat began at the beginning.

Device: None
Using kindle touch in Israel

Hi,

I plan to buy kindle touch (WIFI Version with ads) the in the US and bring it back with me to Israel.

Will I be able to buy books straight from my kindle touch ?
Are there any problem using the kindle touch in Israel?
Will I have the same features kindle touch has in Israel as it has in the US?

Thanks
etzarfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'll be able to buy only those books that you can buy using your PC from "amazon.com".

It will work just fine. The only thing you won't be able to do is to take advantage of any of the special offers - they are US only. I have a Kindle Touch myself here in the UK, and it works perfectly.

You're aware that the Kindle can't display right-to-left text, so it won't work with Hebrew books?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
etzarfat
etzarfat began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thanks,
What do you mean "You'll be able to buy only those books that you can buy using your PC from "amazon.com""?
Are there ebooks I can't buy using a computer?

P.S.
I'm aware of the fact that it can't display right to left text

Thanks again
etzarfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etzarfat View Post
Thanks,
What do you mean "You'll be able to buy only those books that you can buy using your PC from "amazon.com""?
Are there ebooks I can't buy using a computer?
The books that you're able to buy depends on your location. Many books are "geographically restricted" - the publisher doesn't have the right to sell them outside a particular area, such as the US.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
HaReL
HaReL began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The only thing you won't be able to do is to take advantage of any of the special offers - they are US only.
Why not?
I already used two special offers (those with the 1$ book) and I'm at Israel.
HaReL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Perhaps it's different for you. I can't use them in the UK.