Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Navigation

I think it would be very nice to have the navigation tree at the bottom of the forum page in addition to at the top. You read a thread, you're at the bottom. You have to scroll all the way up to use the nav links. Another copy of it at the bottom of the page would greatly improve this, and seems like it'd be awfully easy for you to accomplish.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
Yes please.
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'd like that myself.

In the meantime, the Home key will jump you back to the top of the page. Not as nice a solution, but it helps some.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #4
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
QUOTE: "In the meantime, the Home key will jump you back to the top of the page. Not as nice a solution, but it helps some."

Duh. The things we forget!
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #5
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Out of curiousity, is this forum here to give answers to placate, or is someone with the power to make a change actually going to read these suggestions?

My purpose in suggesting it was to have it seriously considered by someone with the power to change it. Because it's a good idea, simple to implement, would improve navigation here. And because when you have a forum asking for suggestions, it implies the suggestions will be taken seriously.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
cmbs, we receive plenty of suggestions, many of them excellent, and we take them all very seriously. Please understand that we cannot integrate all the good suggestions immediately. We have a to-do road map, and we try to follow it closely.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #7
cmbs
non-believer

I wasn't expecting to see the navigation menu at the bottom of the page in the next five minutes, I was only hoping that someone with the power to make a change actually read the suggestion and gave it some real consideration. If that isn't going to happen, then it's pointless to bother to make a suggestion. Thanks for the answer.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Sorry, I didn't mean to give that impression at all. There are only a couple of full-fledged admins on MobileRead, and as far as I know, only Alex does the site design updates and changes.

That's why he has to follow a roadmap so closely: he still has to work his "real" job.

For all that, he's astonishingly responsive to such suggestions. I'm constantly amazed at all the things that he does with the site, I don't know how the man has time to work, sleep, eat, etc.

I hoped only to give a "work-around" type of thing for the mean-time. I apologize for giving the wrong idea.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #9
cmbs
non-believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to give that impression at all. There are only a couple of full-fledged admins on MobileRead, and as far as I know, only Alex does the site design updates and changes.

That's why he has to follow a roadmap so closely: he still has to work his "real" job.

For all that, he's astonishingly responsive to such suggestions. I'm constantly amazed at all the things that he does with the site, I don't know how the man has time to work, sleep, eat, etc.

I hoped only to give a "work-around" type of thing for the mean-time. I apologize for giving the wrong idea.
'salright

Thanks
Old 01-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #10
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I'd like that myself.

In the meantime, the Home key will jump you back to the top of the page. Not as nice a solution, but it helps some.
On my laptop the home key is reather small and hard to hit accurately. I started to read the forum using search since you suggested the idea to put the search button in the tool bar. So I do a search after I have read a thread. Is this frowned upon or is it no problem reading the forum this way?

If the navigation tree was at the bottom i would use search less...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Tommy, no problem using the search feature as often as you like.

Just to be on the same page... when you refer to navigation, do you refer to the breadcrumb navigation (MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback...) or to the blue navigation on top of it?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #12
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post

Just to be on the same page... when you refer to navigation, do you refer to the breadcrumb navigation (MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback...) or to the blue navigation on top of it?
Well, not more often the every 5 seconds at least

I meant the "MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback" thing. I used to go to the beginning and click in the current forum to continue reading unread threads.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #13
cmbs
non-believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post

I was referring to breadcrumb. Just paste the same thing you have at the top somewhere at the bottom.