Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Couple Calibre +Kindle 3 questions!

First, I downloaded the latest Calibre upgrade and all my books are gone? What happened?

Second, I added a couple to test it out in the new empty Calibre, and it's not recognizing my Kindle 3? Its says "ERROR: No device: Cannot send: No device is connected

"

Thanks!
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Upgrading shpuld not lose any books. Are you sure that Calibre is looking in the right place for your library?

As to not seeing the K3, do you by have something like an iPhone/iPod/ipad plugged in - if so that would "hide" the K3.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Upgrading shpuld not lose any books. Are you sure that Calibre is looking in the right place for your library?

As to not seeing the K3, do you by have something like an iPhone/iPod/ipad plugged in - if so that would "hide" the K3.
I'm not sure, I just opened it like normal and its empty...

I'm on a Macbook Pro but don't have anything else plugged in. I tried restarting my Macbook, ejecting and re-plugging my Kindle3, closing and opening Calibre..
Old 09-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books

Got it! NM!

Last edited by Belle2Be; 09-07-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books

Woah sorry thats so long! Is it supposed to be all of that?

I figured out the Calibre thing, my Calibre Library is still in my computer, but its not connected to the Calibre program. Is there a simple fix for this?
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
your version of calibre is too old to support the kindle 3. Update to calibre 0.7.17. Once you have updated you can point calibre to your library by clicking the calibre logo in the toolbar.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
your version of calibre is too old to support the kindle 3. Update to calibre 0.7.17. Once you have updated you can point calibre to your library by clicking the calibre logo in the toolbar.
Thanks! I did download it but I must not have installed it, I deleted and retried, then ran the WElcome Wizard! Thanks so much!