Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-28-2007, 08:43 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Private School in CT is Using the Sony Reader!

In September, children at the Bi-Cultural Day School in Stamford, Connecticut, began participating in a pilot program by Sony to bring its Reader to classrooms.

The devices, provided by Sony, are uploaded with books from Sony's ebooks.connect.com. Included are classics such as Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass. Now, instead of lugging around a pile of books, students carry only the slim Reader. Students can scroll through the menu on the Reader's six-inch screen and turn the pages of the books with the push of a button.

http://newsblaze.com/story/200709261...ublishing.html
http://www.teleread.org/blog/?p=7161

The Teleread article is much better.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I sent them an email inviting them to join us here.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2007, 10:35 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
That sounds like a great test market. Thanks for finding and sharing the news. Keep us posted if and when they get back to you.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
I can see it now, "Teacher, I couldn't finish reading the lesson because I threw the *book* in my bag and now the screen looks like a spiderweb on LSD." or "I couldn't finish the reading assignment because the battery died and I don't remember where I put the charger."

Good idea, but they should probably start at either a High School or college setting before jumping to younger crowds. They should also do what they can to shore up the screen and make it less susceptible to damage.

On the other hand, great PR stunt!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote