Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 05:27 AM   #31
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
You have the option in the settings And with Kobo cover => 99%, with this one => 0%
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #32
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
My apology for mentioning the Mini version, I only have the Glo version which works perfectly.

From a bit of probing with a ferrous instrument I can locate the magnet on my cover, but I cannot detect it by feel. I suspect it is a very thin magnet inset in the inner cover material as no hole or depression is obvious.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 05:34 AM   #33
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No appology needed, Technisol. Perhaps in that way I can make working my cover
Old 06-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #34
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
it does work 80% of the time with a cheap navitech cover - did not know it was supposed to have this feature, nor it was advertised, but since the device was waking up, feeling the inside of the cover I felt a magnet.
Which Navitech cover did you get? Can you supply a link?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #35
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Yes, it has the feature and it works nicely with the Kobo cover but not with this one. booklover6, if cutting the pocket works for you, please, tell it because I have the same cover and the same problem.

And about shipping, I can't buy this from amazon.com and ship it to Spain, but I can buy it from amazon.es. So it's amazon doing, not seller.
I've decided not to cut out the pocket. I may buy a magnet to slip inside the pocket. I am looking at this one, opinions welcome.

amazon link
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #36
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I've decided not to cut out the pocket. I may buy a magnet to slip inside the pocket. I am looking at this one, opinions welcome.

amazon link
For me, I've decided to ask for a replacement (in eBay).
Old 06-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #37
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
For me, I've decided to ask for a replacement (in eBay).
Let me know what they say.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #38
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Which Navitech cover did you get? Can you supply a link?
I ordered this one BUT when it arrived it did not have the internal pocket, just the fabric lining. But it does the trick. I've noticed that to get it to work I have to pull it very lightly down when opening it.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #39
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I ordered this one BUT when it arrived it did not have the internal pocket, just the fabric lining. But it does the trick. I've noticed that to get it to work I have to pull it very lightly down when opening it.
I got the same one in red last fall... Same thing: no inner pocket but the Mini fits very well into it.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #40
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I decided to order the 'Navitech Natural Eco Organic Hemp 5 Inch' for $4.99. It's supposedly brown, though the ad looks more green.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #41
TechniSol
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

booklover6,

Out of curiosity, have you determined whether the mini cover had no magnet or was just misaligned?
Old 06-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #42
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
booklover6,

Out of curiosity, have you determined whether the mini cover had no magnet or was just misaligned?
It could be either, or it could just not be strong enough. I played around with several magnets I have on hand, and some of them were not strong enough to activate the feature.

I can clearly see where the two magnets are in the case that keep the flap closed. I can't see any sign of where the sleep magnet should be. I suspect it's not there.

I still love the cover, just would love it better if that feature worked. None of the magnets I have on hand are thin enough to slide into the cover.

I'll wait for my Navitech case to arrive, before I decide what to do about this one.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #43
TechniSol

If you pass a piece of steel or iron, generally a screwdriver blade will do, across the cover you'll find the magnet if it's there. Or you can do the same thing with a magnet. Generally the sensor should be in the lower right corner of the kobo. At least it is in the Glo.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #44
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sprinkle the cover with iron filings..
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #45
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
If you pass a piece of steel or iron, generally a screwdriver blade will do, across the cover you'll find the magnet if it's there. Or you can do the same thing with a magnet. Generally the sensor should be in the lower right corner of the kobo. At least it is in the Glo.
There is a magnet in that position, as well as at the top corner. I assumed it was to hold the cover closed. But I see in my Glo cover there is only one magnet, in the lower corner, and it does both. So perhaps they just didn't use a strong enough magnet in the mini case.