Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 04:14 AM   #1
mran
mran began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cover Browser stylesheet

Hi, I have a quick question, please. I would like to enlarge the text in the Cover Browser pane. I see the html in the book descriptions has a class called "description," but where is the stylesheet to control this?

Sorry if this has been explained elsewhere, but searching has only turned up info on changing the stylesheet for the ebook viewer. Are they perhaps the same?

Thanks!
mran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot control that size.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
mran

Le sigh. Thank you for replying. If there's a way to work this into a future release, my dim eyes would certainly appreciate it. Sadly, the book descriptions are practically unusable for me, unless I get really close and squint.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mran View Post
Le sigh. Thank you for replying. If there's a way to work this into a future release, my dim eyes would certainly appreciate it. Sadly, the book descriptions are practically unusable for me, unless I get really close and squint.
Are you sure you are talking about the Cover Browser (White arrow on Black button)?

Preferences: Look and Feel: Cover Browser: TICK Show cover Browser in separate window. Restart Calibre.

Now the covers can be made full screen height.

Or are you wanting "Book Details"

Select a book: Press I for a slightly bigger window
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #5
mran

Thanks again! It was the book descriptions I was trying to read. It turns out I had simply missed a step in changing this in "look and feel." I'd clicked the apply button in the font changer, but had neglected to click the check on the original look and feel pane. My bad!

Kovid, I will definitely remember you again the next time anyone pays me for anything (doesn't happen all that often, alas.) I think Calibre s probably the best supported free software out there.

Tags
descriptions, stylesheet