Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 01:41 AM   #1
JPS
Connoisseur
JPS doesn't litterJPS doesn't litter

Device: iPad II
Different font sizes in an Ebook !?!

Hi !

One of the ebooks (in Epub format) I downloaded lately contains 129 pages and I read it up to page 29 !

The problem is that the text on page 30 appears in a much smaller font than onthe previous pages... (so small that I can't read what's written !). The following pages are back to a "normal" size !

What's the problem ? What can I do to get all the text appearing at the same font size ? I tried to read it from within Calibre and all the pages have the same font size... How come ?

Heeeeelp !

J-P.
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:44 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS View Post
Hi !

One of the ebooks (in Epub format) I downloaded lately contains 129 pages and I read it up to page 29 !

The problem is that the text on page 30 appears in a much smaller font than onthe previous pages... (so small that I can't read what's written !). The following pages are back to a "normal" size !

What's the problem ? What can I do to get all the text appearing at the same font size ? I tried to read it from within Calibre and all the pages have the same font size... How come ?

Heeeeelp !

J-P.
You could open the ePub with Sigil and look at the chapter in question, maybe it uses an embedded font, or has a specific CSS tag for that page.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 02:03 AM   #3
JPS
Connoisseur

Thanks for the tips ! I didn't know "Sygil"... I just downloaded it and will try it now !

J-P.

EDIT: I looked at the book thru SYGIL, but -using the html reader function- I didn't see any different code just before or after the "offending" page !

Last edited by JPS; 06-10-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:03 AM   #4
peterjmerrigan
peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.peterjmerrigan can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
I would have said it was likely to be an editing issue for the author or publisher of the book. But if you've looked at the coding, I'm a little bit stumped...
peterjmerrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:07 AM   #5
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
look at the book in sigil again, the fix is there. Or send me the book and I'll fix it for you.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
JPS
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
look at the book in sigil again, the fix is there. Or send me the book and I'll fix it for you.
I'm not an expert in HTML tweaking, so...

But sending you the ebook is an excellent idea ! Where can I send it ?

J-P.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:51 AM   #7
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
This is my email address:

operativewords@gmail.com
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote