Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-19-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is .lit format supported by any reader?

Well, as the topic. Does any e-ink reader have the abillity to read .lit files? (hacks included)
Or is there any reader on its way that we know support .lit?
I got a lot of books in .lit format and don't really feel to convert all.
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I don't think so, CTH, but there are a number of apps that do batch conversion, so that might take some of the sting out of it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
BTW Was'nt Microsoft supposed to build a reader of it's own?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Heh, they've been spending all their efforts on Vista, and their own "i-Pod" I suspect.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:46 AM   #5
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
I convert my LIT files to LRF using tools linked from this site. Works pretty good, but I tend to like a little white-space around the edges of my book pages and the utility totally removes all margins; other than that, it works great -> lit2lrf

Course they have to be non-encrypted/DRM'd or use can use ConvertLIT (clit.exe) to strip the DRM from LIT books you've purchased.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #6
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To bad there isn't any support för the .lit, perhaps the illiad could get it from some productive and skillfull mobileread-user

I guess that I have to convert them, in worst case.
But I still think it is a little early for me to buy a e-ink reader. I want to wait fpr the Iriver reader, it looks great.
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have converted a number of LIT format books (none with DRM) using ABC Amber LIT Converter or Book Designer. References to both programs and other converters are found on the MobileRead Wiki Conversion page.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #8
SpiritualMadMan
SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
I have a Dell Axim with Windows Mobile on it and dowloaded the Free MS reader for Windows Mobile.

I found this site because I am *very* unhappy with the MS Readers, but my gift books are all in LIT format.

The Portable version keeps having trouble continuing to read the book. It will come back and say it can no longer access the book. Causing my to have to "kill" the program and start it again. And, if I haven't recently bookmarked it I'll have to scroll through a raft of pages to find where I was at.

Note: This is an unactivated Reader, activation didn't work! But, the books are all unprotected.

Right now I wouldn't buy a protected book in LIT format because of the hassles it is causing.

At least it works, mostly...

Mike Sr.
SpiritualMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:50 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Where legal, LIT books can trivially be converted to other format such as MobiPocket, LRF, etc.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:12 PM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH View Post
Does any e-ink reader have the abillity to read .lit files? (hacks included).
The iLiad can read DRM-free LITs using convertlit as a front end to FBReader. The file is actually exploded to OEB the first time it is opened and then FBReader read the OEB. It is likely that OpenInkPot can implement the same procedure, since it is using FBReader, see OpenInkpot v0.0 developer preview released .

However, this isn't much different from batch converting all your ebooks to some other format before copying them to the device. This is relatively easy to do using convertLIT and mobigen for MOBI or Calibre for LRF.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #11
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
I convert my LIT files to LRF using tools linked from this site. Works pretty good, but I tend to like a little white-space around the edges of my book pages and the utility totally removes all margins;
lit2lrf has a lot of commandline options like --top-margin, --left-margin, you get the idea.

I've converted a lot of (DRM-less) lit files, it worked well with lit2lrf.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Well, as the topic. Does any e-ink reader have the abillity to read .lit files? (hacks included)
Just so everyone will know, the Hanlin V3 can read LIT files with the latest upgrade.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:08 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Just so everyone will know, the Hanlin V3 can read LIT files with the latest upgrade.
But, only DRM free LIT files.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #14
andros
andros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: all
Quote:
Hy, since y work whit people whit disability, y am one myself,
ms-reader was the easiest to teach, especially for people who
ave no mobility at all, just a stick,.

now we ave to find solution since on nearly one hundred thousand plus book
we can not legally change format without writing first to the society
who give`it to us,,,

imagine writing 60 thousand letters to publishers, for a non profit organisations
mind boggling, to sais at least. two years ago Canadian government for us
to rename all of them, whit a serial number instead of name, now that.

20 years and more of work in the drain,
andros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please don't re-open 4 year old threads for no good reason; it's better to start a new thread.

Thanks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote