Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Post COOLREADER KEYMAPPING FOR POCKET PRO

Here is my understanding of the keymapping:

CoolReader Key map for Pocket Pro

Key:
1. "Back in Move History"-->if you have "jump" to a page, this will take you "back" to your previous page
2. TOC "Table of Contents" --> you must enter the page number of the chapter, or any page, thus this is a "jump to page" but it lists your TOC
3. Dictionary --> states requirements for a dictionary
4. Back to Previous Heading --> i.e., if you are in Chapter 5, you will jump to the begining of the Chapter, and then back by headings/Chapters
5. Forward to Next Heading --> i.e., will jump forward Chapter by Chapter
6. "Go to Link" --> For heading you have already passed, this will provide arrow on upper left corner, hitting OK will take you to next heading. If you have retreated from your furtherest point, when you get your arrow, hit "9" and the arrow will change directions and you can go forward (or switch back and forth) when you hit the OK button. However, it will only go as far as you have traveled in the book, not beyond. i.e., if you have only got to chapter 7, you can "link" back and forth between chapter 1 & 7, but not to 8 and beyond.
7. Bookmark Listing
8. Font Size
9. Back 1 page
0. Forward 1 page

"Long Press" i.e., Hold for 2 or 3 seconds (making sure light did acknowledge your keypress)
1. Key Mapping --> this information
2. no function (someone said you can map this key, I don't know)
3. Dictionary Find, again information is listed for dictionary
4. Go to 1st page in book
5. Go to Last page in book
6. Recent book list --> not recommended to selection book, it gave me a blank page, when I hit Cancel, I was back in Bookshelf
7. Add Bookmark
8. Page Orientation --> change 0, 90, 180, 270
9. Back 10 pages
0. Forward 10 pages

Hopes this helps.

AJ

Last edited by AJ Starr; 04-16-2010 at 02:10 PM.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
A long press of OK (Menu) will let you customize the various settings, including the ability to remap the keys. I remap 6 and long 6 to match the bookmark behavior of ePUB and remap 7 to do TOC to match ePUB and most other formats.. When you remap be sure to OK the change when you are done with all the remapping.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
A long press of OK (Menu) will let you customize the various settings, including the ability to remap the keys. I remap 6 and long 6 to match the bookmark behavior of ePUB and remap 7 to do TOC to match ePUB and most other formats.. When you remap be sure to OK the change when you are done with all the remapping.

Dale
Thanks, I'll try that.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:

Dale
I was trying to find TOC in the command list (to map it to 7, but I am missing it. What is the actual name of the command that needs to be assigned?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is called go to page dialog. It shows the TOC if present but requires entering the page number to actually go there.
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
It is called go to page dialog. It shows the TOC if present but requires entering the page number to actually go there.
Sorry, but I was being a bit slow. I should have known that, you actually mentioned it the other day.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
I think I'm missing something with respect to the table of contents. I just haven't been able to get it to work. For instance the book I'm reading right now is an Epub. I've got two identical copies on my reader, one with .fb2 appended to the end. The ADE version has a TOC that works. I've tested it. The fb2 version doesn't. I've tried hitting 4 and 5 to go forward and backward through the chapters, I've tried bringing up the go to page dialog. Nothing seems to work.

What am I missing?
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Try a real FB2 book to see how it is supposed to work. There are several here at MobileRead that you can download. I am not sure the TOC in ePUB is supported yet. Although if it is in the book as well the follow link feature should get it. The fact is that the CoolReader 3 is still being worked on actively.

Dale