Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
dtrain
dtrain began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Sony PRS 600 Extended Warranty

Hey there

So I'm purchasing the new PRS 600 and I was wondering if anybody could give me their views on the extended warranty that Sony offers? Is it necessary? I found it kind of vague as to what exactly it will cover but I'm not sure if I will need it. I don't plan on being rough with my ereader at all but stuff happens right, so I don't want to accidentally drop it once and ruin the entire experience for myself.

Does anybody have any suggestions on this? Are the PRS's fairly durable and resistant to scratch, chipping, etc? Or do you think that I should just be safe and get a couple years extended warranty on it?

Thanks!
dtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
It depends on how rough you are with things. I've dropped my 505 enough times that I decided to get the 2 year extended warranty on the 600 with the 'damage from handling' option.

Keep in mind that you may not get your exact reader back if you send it in for repair; sometimes you'll get a refurbished unit. This is true even if you send it in without warranty coverage.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
dtrain
dtrain began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Thanks thats helpful! But I have been looking at the extended warranty for my PRS 600 but I don't see any option for damage from handling is there any chance this simply comes with the extended warranty that I may purchase?
dtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
It was an option on Sony Style when I placed my order -- the regular extended warranty, and then the one that covered 'handling damage'.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote