Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Tune in again tomorrow for "Stupid Moderator Stories" Don and I will tell funny (well funny to us at least) stories about our past employment and of the people that we are so happy to leave behind.
Isn't that the truth!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #17
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I have friends who work in the tourist industry in the Caribbean. One was once asked, "Is there water on the other side of the island, too?"

"Do you live here or do you commute from the US?" (She lives on Cozumel, just off the Yucatan Penninsula.)

"Why are there so many Mexicans working here?" (see above.)

"I heard it's legal to smoke pot in Mexico. Where can I get some? They don't have it in the stores."
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #18
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Two from a previous job (I work in IT):

There is a power cut - the lights go off, the desk lights go off, and so on. One entire team want to know why their computers have turned off (they had noticed there'd been a power failure).

Some-one asked me why the lifts weren't working - not in a general pass-the-time griping conversational manner, as they then followed up by asking when IT were going to get them fixed. And they were being serious.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote