Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-06-2021, 01:34 AM   #1
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: amazon fire 5th gen
I need help with "Tags" or perhaps I should say "tagging" my Ebooks

I would like to organize my ebooks a bit better.

I was thinking about "Removing" all of the current "Tags" and then use my own "Tag".

And I was planning to use select "tags" as a way to organize my ebooks such as "Categories".

Example I have many "cookbooks" some are based on calories and some are based on Keto diet and such.

I was wondering if by removing the current "Tags" and adding my own would make more sense.

I also have a few different "The Biggest Loser" ebooks some are based on cooking and some are based on fitness. I would like to add them in the same collection. I was thinking about using "The Biggest Loser" and then "The Biggest Loser - Cookbook" and then "the Biggest Loser - Fitness". And organize these ebooks in this order.

I was thinking this would be a easy way for me to organize my ebooks based on "Tags" or am I thinking this all wrong. Is there another way I should be organize the ebooks.

I have been using "Calibre" for converting my ebooks and my manga for a little while now but I'm still new to organizing my ebooks.
DawnDawn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 02:11 AM   #2
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
I am using my own tags. They are very high-level.
There are currently less than ten and only one tag with subtags.
Only one tag per book.
For all «looser» the same tag without any subtag, as they are fully ignored going forward. So no worth to deeper organise those.

Thinking about organising, beside «tags» I am using a field whether the book is read and a flag whether this one of my favorite authors. Also I can see the numbers of comments done in the viewer which is for interest e.g. of cooking books.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2021, 10:19 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I'm more into eating , but consider Hierarchical tags (sorta like cookbooks are organized within)

Russian.Soups
Russian.Breads
Greek.Breads

Also I am of the anti-nukem all camp. Update/Add the existing
(bulk mode will get a workout in part)

Use the tag browser. It is very powerful
Right click a Tag and see what you can do just to that tag.
(BTW the Tag browser respects active V/L, so you can choose to only apply to those in the V/L)

Select a Tag in the Tag Browser. See what it gets you

Select all the 'wrong ones' That should be something else
Tap 'E" (metadata edit bulk mode). There you can Add Tags AT THE SAME TIME, remove the wrong Tag (the one that got you there )
Repeat, Spin, stop and make one of the dishes once in a while
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 01:48 PM   #4
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: amazon fire 5th gen
Some cookbooks related to weight lose or the biggest loser also have tags like exercise and fitness. Which the books them selves don't have anything to do with fitness or exercising.

I also like to make sure I have the correct book covers because some of the places where I get the ebooks don't have the covers or description for the ebooks so I do a search and get them from off the "edit Metadata" and I will need to edit the things that are added from there. I will need to remove the "Tags" so that way I can add my own tags to each ebook.

I will also need to remove a bunch of ebook tags I currently have done.
DawnDawn88 is offline   Reply With Quote