Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Find and replace entity

Hi

I need to find and replace the entity: &#_8239; in all xhtml files.
I wish to replace it by  

Note: If I suppress the _ in the name just to write its real name, the entity will only be displayed as a tiny empty space (which indeed it is).

I know there must be a trick... Which one?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Just a question, what do you see in code view? Do you see "&#_8239;" or do you see " "? Whatever it is, try copy-pasting it into the search field.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
If it's truly an entity, then a normal find and replace should work. Nothing tricky. Replace one entity with the other. If however, you mean the actual unicode character/code-point instead of the entity, you can search for \x{202f} in regex mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Just a question, what do you see in code view? Do you see "&#_8239;" or do you see " "? Whatever it is, try copy-pasting it into the search field.
In code view you see nothing (with the unicode code-point). There's nothing to highlight/copy. But you can highlight/copy the black bar that's visible in book view (Sigil v0.5.906) and then paste it into the search box (making sure to switch back to code view) and do the replace.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-12-2012 at 08:16 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
If it's truly an entity, then a normal find and replace should work. Nothing tricky. Replace one entity with the other. If however, you mean the actual unicode character/code-point instead of the entity, you can search for \x{202f} in regex mode.

In code view you see nothing (with the unicode code-point). There's nothing to highlight/copy. But you can highlight/copy the black bar that's visible in book view (Sigil v0.5.906) and then paste it into the search box (making sure to switch back to code view) and do the replace.
As I compiled Sigil, I am still with the first beta (and waiting for the stable one) and there was indeed an entity display problem that I did not spot previously.

I came back to 0.53, managed to "highlight/copy the black bar that's visible in book view and then paste it into the search box (making sure to switch back to code view) and do the replace". For some reason, this was not possible with my beta version (Sigil v05.905, first one)

Thanks a lot for your help both of you.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote