Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 04:32 AM   #1
BMaloney
Connoisseur
BMaloney doesn't litterBMaloney doesn't litter

Device: PRS-650
How can a post be deleted?

Hi there. Since I've joined MobileRead - and entered so many threads where people gave me friendly help and advice - I've accidently made a few posting errors. Like, for example, I've posted in the wrong thread, or once I started a thread with a long question, only to figure out the answer seconds after pressing the "submit new thread" button.

In these cases, the best thing is to delete the message. And if I place my mouse over the "Edit" button in the bottom right corner of every one of my posts (after logging in), it does say that it is to "Edit/Delete message." But after clicking (once, twice) all I see are editing options. I also cannot find any way to delete my messages via my profile page.

The result is that I can only reduce the content to the 5 character minimum (see for example my little oopsy at the end of this short thread).

Am I missing something, or maybe I don't have the administrative authority to "delete" anything?

Thanks very much for your time.
BMaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:50 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Best thing to do is to edit your post to simply contain the word "deleted". I'm afraid that the board software, for whatever reason, doesn't permit people to delete posts. If it's something that you REALLY want deleted, click the "Report Post" button (the "!" to the left of the post) and ask for it to be deleted.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
BMaloney
Connoisseur

Thanks, HarryT, but it's not important enough to "Report." As long as the content can be erased when necessary, that's all that matters.

Strange thing not to include in the software, though, don't you think? Kind of like a Big Brother Discussion Board. "In the BBDB there are no secrets. All posts will remain public, errors permanently on record."
Old 02-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMaloney View Post
Thanks, HarryT, but it's not important enough to "Report." As long as the content can be erased when necessary, that's all that matters.

Strange thing not to include in the software, though, don't you think? Kind of like a Big Brother Discussion Board. "In the BBDB there are no secrets. All posts will remain public, errors permanently on record."
you can always remove your words and just leave it with 5 characters of something. if anyone has quoted you, you are kind of sol though
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
you can always remove your words and just leave it with 5 characters of something. if anyone has quoted you, you are kind of sol though
And if anyone has subscribed to that thread with "email immediately" (which I do for many threads) then they got a copy of the first version as soon as you hit "submit reply". Even your edits don't change what email people already saw.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 05:35 AM   #6
BMaloney
Connoisseur

Forced to read my stupid questions and my stupid mistakes too! Double whammy!