Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-19-2016, 09:24 PM   #1
JordonGreene
JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Any Luck with Crowdfunding?

Hey,

Have any of your had any luck in raising funds for editing, promotional, etc for your books through crowdfunding like GoFundMe and KickStarter?

[Link deleted - MODERATOR]

I was not entirely sure what to say so I just explained what I was doing, my plans and goals. Is this how you would normally go about it? Does anyone have any advice?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-20-2016 at 10:21 AM.
JordonGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:35 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Let me look at it and I will be back with an opinion.
Well now here is my opinion.
1. You might want to tell people what they will get for giving you money on the gofundme site.
2. Why aren't you offering a free ebook copy for those that contribute? That would be much better than an acknowledgement.

Now as for myself, here are a few questions.
1. Why should I give you money for a book that may or may not ever get published? Oh and then I would have to spend more money to read it. Especially from an unknown author with only one book.
2. What guarantee do I have that you will use the money for editing?
3.What are you offering to those that don't want a nod in your book?
4. What makes your book special?
5.Why can't you use the profits from your first book?

Now why should I take a chance on you? Tell me why I should invest in your future. Because that is exactly what I would be doing.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 07-19-2016 at 11:53 PM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #3
JordonGreene
JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JordonGreene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Let me look at it and I will be back with an opinion.
Well now here is my opinion.
1. You might want to tell people what they will get for giving you money on the gofundme site.
2. Why aren't you offering a free ebook copy for those that contribute? That would be much better than an acknowledgement.

Now as for myself, here are a few questions.
1. Why should I give you money for a book that may or may not ever get published? Oh and then I would have to spend more money to read it. Especially from an unknown author with only one book.
2. What guarantee do I have that you will use the money for editing?
3.What are you offering to those that don't want a nod in your book?
4. What makes your book special?
5.Why can't you use the profits from your first book?

Now why should I take a chance on you? Tell me why I should invest in your future. Because that is exactly what I would be doing.
Honestly I wasn't sure if GoFundMe would provide me with their e-mails to even be able to promise an eBook. I believe that these question show why this type of funding is not that useful. To many questions that the potential donor may have where a simple reason given on my part may still not be enough as it is only my word, as good I feel that it is, to back it. I think I'm simply going to scratch the idea of a GoFundMe. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Though do give some thought to why people should buy your books and not someone else's.
Nearly all go fund me campaigns offer something tangible.

Now I will be super nice and give you the name of a good but much cheaper editor.
Look up Donna Rich. She is a professional editor. I have seen her work.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #5
JordonGreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Though do give some thought to why people should buy your books and not someone else's.
Nearly all go fund me campaigns offer something tangible.

Now I will be super nice and give you the name of a good but much cheaper editor.
Look up Donna Rich. She is a professional editor. I have seen her work.
Thanks I just sent her a message.

Tags
crowdfunding, gofundme