Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-31-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
News articles repeat

Has anyone noticed that frequently articles will repeat in one download? I see this in the New York Times, the Boston Globe, Associated Press and others. It seems random, and to occur for news sources that have more (vs. fewer) articles per day.
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
Camper65
Enthusiast
Camper65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle wifi; Dell 2in1
Is this happening with the built-in recipes or custom recipes?

one thing to make sure that is in the recipe is the following. I know it works well with the few custom recipes I've been using.

ignore_duplicate_articles = {'title', 'url'}
remove_empty_feeds = True #Removes an empty feed in the download (especially if all duplicates).
Camper65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper65 View Post
Is this happening with the built-in recipes or custom recipes?

one thing to make sure that is in the recipe is the following. I know it works well with the few custom recipes I've been using.

ignore_duplicate_articles = {'title', 'url'}
remove_empty_feeds = True #Removes an empty feed in the download (especially if all duplicates).
Built-in.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #4
NSILMike
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Built-in.
Will anyone correct the built-in recipes? It seems to be getting more common.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
SOme people like having repeated artricles in different sections, since they only browse a few sections. It is up to the authors of the recipes in question if they want to remove duplicates of not. If you disagree witht he recipe authros choice you are free to customize the builtin recipe for yourself.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #6
NSILMike
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
SOme people like having repeated artricles in different sections, since they only browse a few sections. It is up to the authors of the recipes in question if they want to remove duplicates of not. If you disagree witht he recipe authros choice you are free to customize the builtin recipe for yourself.
Hmmm...I suppose that may be so. I am using Calibre to sync to Calibre Companion to read items on a portable device. There are no 'sections' only a series of articles.
Is there an easy set of command lines I can insert into the recipes to eliminate the dupes?
Thanks.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Camper65 already posted them for you.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:42 AM   #8
NSILMike
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Camper65 already posted them for you.
Thanks
Old 06-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #9
NSILMike
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Hmmm...I suppose that may be so. I am using Calibre to sync to Calibre Companion to read items on a portable device. There are no 'sections' only a series of articles.
Is there an easy set of command lines I can insert into the recipes to eliminate the dupes?
Thanks.
and now it's gotten worse. At least I could progress thru a news source and just skip the dupes. Now it goes back to an earlier instance of the article...