Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #31
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Not the same guy, presumably !

I remember having to had to get son up to Norflk from yer (S'set) for a National Champ's a couplea times, and I found it a far more tiring trip than the more normal Durham/Sheffield/ Manchester//L'pools long runs we were used to !
It was that nasty big Lunnon blob in the middle what did it I reckon......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #32
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
I haven't heard of yodel before. I'll probably be at work when it gets delivered if I order one and I don't fancy a huge trek to pick it up.
Ah well.
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #33
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I believe they leave a card if you'm out, and they leave a card with a number to ring to arrange a time you are in.

Sounds quite civilised.

Still a white van though.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #34
lingchi9
Banned
lingchi9 began at the beginning.

Device: none
does waterstones website have discount in XMAS?
lingchi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #35
carpetmojo
Wizard

Don't be silly...

Mind you, have they, he asked mildly ? - they ain't the cheapest on the block usually.
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 01:13 AM   #36
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My Opus has arrived. It looks great (I had a peek) but I don't get to play with it for another six weeks.... it's going to be my Xmas present!
Well, I've been playing with it for most of a day. And very nice it is too! I especially like the folder view of the books.

A micro SD card (up to 8GB) is essential (luckily I had one to hand) if you want to perform firmware changes. I'm now on the 1.6 (Mobipocket) firmware, but it's very nice to have the option to move to ePub eventually.

I'm very pleased indeed. Waterstones (online) seem to have sold out now. I suppose it's just possible that individual stores might still have stock.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traye View Post
I haven't heard of yodel before. I'll probably be at work when it gets delivered if I order one and I don't fancy a huge trek to pick it up.
Ah well.
Late in the day to add this, I know, but "Yodel" is the new name for the company that was formerly known as "Home Delivery Network".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #38
carpetmojo
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Late in the day to add this, I know, but "Yodel" is the new name for the company that was formerly known as "Home Delivery Network".
Now that accounts for the chap saying "I knew to leave things with you if they're out" to my kindly neighbour - thanks Harry.

Tags
bookeen, opus