Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kindlegen now for Mac OS X (Intel)

I don't know when Amazon rolled it out, but Kindlegen is now available for Mac OS X (& Linux) as well as for Windows. Only for Intel-based Macs though, and still a command-line only programme.

But I'm still very pleased - I much prefer to do stuff on Mac.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
alxwang
Connoisseur
alxwang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, PocketBook 360
Always complain about language ID.
Anyway to override it?
alxwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 05:18 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxwang View Post
Always complain about language ID.
Anyway to override it?
Well, perhaps it's because you've got some error in your files? I don't get any language ID warning.

If you post the exact error message, the the relevant section of (presumably) your opf file, perhaps someone can work out what's wrong.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:21 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Kindlegen is now available for Mac OS X
And with the quicker turn-around for testing, I've now managed to get a set of source files that zip-up to be an epubcheck-compliant ePub file, and compile using Kindlegen with no errors or warnings to be a Kindle Mobipocket file. Excellent.

Of course, it does mean that at the moment the formating of the ePub file is not as pretty as it could be, but I suspect that with a little more work I'll be able to add pretty ePub formatting to the CSS file that will just get ignored when compiling with Kindlegen.

I'm very, very pleased with this. Having more than one version of source files is always a bad idea.

Now to get my Applescript wrapper for Kindlegen working...
Old 04-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Now to get my Applescript wrapper for Kindlegen working...
Just to not leave this thread hanging... my Applescript wrapper seems to be working well, and can be found in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81644
Advert