Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 03:04 AM   #1
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Calibre series by number

I've configured the "save to disc" setup to {series} {series order}, which, of course means that the file is stored/named numerically, starting from 1.......

on my PC that seems Okay, everything in order (surprisingly), but - as one might expect from little computers !
on my cybook the order of books (discworld) goes, 1, 10, 11, 12,......, 19,2, 20 !!!!!.

makes no difference however I sort them.

Instead of 10, is it possible to use A etc ? - I know that there are probably not too many instances when one would exceed 9, but .......
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:05 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Use {series_index:0>2s}. It will write it as 01, 02, 03... The 0 should fix the sorting issue.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 06:06 AM   #3
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah - many thanks

always the easy solution is best ..... I was beginning to wonder if the 1.00 etc had a relevance in the options ....
Old 02-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Instead of 10, is it possible to use A etc ? - I know that there are probably not too many instances when one would exceed 9, but .......
You read the wrong books

I have at least 5 series that exceed 10 titles in Calibre

Set the 2 digit mask now(set 3 digits if you log daily editions).
It really is a PITA to go back and fix the Library and stored Metadata, later.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
GeoffC

all sorted, except the 'send to device' .....

put all my books into ebooks, instead of into my own designated folder .... not to worry ....
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
all sorted, except the 'send to device' .....

put all my books into ebooks, instead of into my own designated folder .... not to worry ....
put a valid literal path before the mask

MyBooks/{series} ...
(Implied nearest to root accessible folder)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:53 AM   #7
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
put a valid literal path before the mask

MyBooks/{series} ...
(Implied nearest to root accessible folder)

I did,

and the process created Mybooks inside ebooks !!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:08 AM   #8
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
If there is a specific folder it is putting the books into like ebooks you cannot change this. It is a requirement of the device to have ebooks in that directory. For instance the Cybook Gen 3 and Opus must have ebook in the eBooks directory (it doesn't matter where they are in side of eBooks) otherwise they will not be seen by the reader.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:36 AM   #9
GeoffC

Calibre is not a problem.

I have the default ebook folder into which I put the dictionaries.

However since the upgrade and after looking at solutions with folder use, I have
created a Mybooks on the root (works perfectly).

Nothing wrong/amiss with Calibre - it remains brilliant .....